Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 2:28:24 PM EDT
have 3 after market ones that are not very good
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this for the 1911? I use Mecgar and have no problems with them
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
why on earth did you even go with aftermarket mags?  and THREE TIMES, for pete's sake. why didn't you just buy a COLT mag off the bat? now you just threw away good money for garbage and still have to buy a magazine. you probably pony up a good hunk of bucks for the pistol, but yet you don't want to buy a factory magazine for it. makes absolutely no fucking  sense

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
In the cheaper category I had good luck with metal form ( under $20) and both Wilson and chip McCormick in more expensive versions
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why on earth did you even go with aftermarket mags?  and THREE TIMES, for pete's sake. why didn't you just buy a COLT mag off the bat? now you just threw away good money for garbage and still have to buy a magazine. you probably pony up a good hunk of bucks for the pistol, but yet you don't want to buy a factory magazine for it. makes absolutely no fucking  sense

View Quote

Not sure that you are aware the Mecgar makes OEM magazines for a lot of firearm manufacturers
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Tripp magazines
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
For the handgun I like the Tripp magazines, 10 rounds with extended base plate.

For the ar15, I've got some Brownells (made by Metalform i believe) 32s that work good, and they also sell Metalforms. I've got some ASC's that worked but I don't really like the plastic follower as much as the metal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been using Wilson ETM  500-9 10rnd 9mm mags in my Ruger 9mm Commander 1911 and have not had one problem yet. I've got about 550rds thru the pistol and no failures of any type with the mags. All of my 1911s are running Wilson mags!!! They're not cheap but they never give me problems either!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have had the best luck with Metalform. I spent $$ on Wilsons but the Metalforms feed more bullet styles better in my Springfield and STI.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like the CMC Power Mags in both 9mm and 45 I haven't had any problems with either caliber. I also have Wilson Combat 47D's for the 45 and they are good as well. I only have the 2 COLT Mags and 4 Chip McCormick power mags for my COLT Competion 9mm. So I can't comment on any others for the 9mm. 9mm Mags cost almost twice as much as their 45acp counterparts.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top