Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 5:59:34 PM EDT
and i was wondering what can you guys tell me about it, pros, contras, everthing.
thanks.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, lets see.........hmmm.........it's a 1911 style pistol based on the design of John Moses Browning. The Greatest American Firearms designer to live and the Greatest Self Defense sidearm ever devised.

Of course I could be prejudiced
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine got one in sst.,had feed problems until he polished the feed ramp.Works fine now...suggestion,use mil-spec mags.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Being a fan of the 1911 I jumped at the chance to get a new 1991A1 dirt cheap a year ago.

When I got home I was rather upset.  The trigger and the mainspring  housing we both plastic.  I have since put some $$$ into it and it is fine.  I agreewith g45_70m.   Polish the the feed ramp.

By the way, I shot some OLD Argentine military (i think) ammo in it.  It worked just fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I am thinking of buying a 1991A1 commander and I want one in stainless.  It appears to be all metal to me.  Colt has the reputation to be the original.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Hunter, if it shoots as well as mine, you will be thrilled. Mines in SS and I glass beaded the sides of the slides for contrast, Yes the mainspring housing is plastic, as the trigger (not the bow), but work just fine. And the firing pin safety may affect the trigger pull a bit. Mine fed everything I gave it and it shoots to point of aim, not just hitting the bullseye but removing the center of it with a nice cloverleaf hole.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top