Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 11:11:06 AM EDT
I finally took it out and shot it for the first time.  I was kinda worried since several people mentioned problems with it.  I've got a 2003 date code on it and the A series mags.

I shot 100 rounds of CCI mini mag, 100 rds of Remington high velocity hollow point, and 200 rounds of remington brass plated hollow pointes from a 525 round value pack.  

All I can say is that it kicks butt.  The only problem I saw was that I had one round that did not fire but when I pulled the trigger on it again it went boom and no other problems.  At first when I put a loaded magazine in it and would hit the slide release it would not go all the way forward but after a few mags that problem stopped.  The accuracy was crap at first cause it was shooting low and right.  But once I got the back sight adjusted and a higher front sight, that came with it, put on it shot great.  

My overall impression of it was very good.  It's also quite easy to clean.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked one up today.  I had a weak moment.  I hate to say it, but this gun is just too damn cute.  Fresh from the factory with "A" mags.  I'll take it out this week and see what it does.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just picked one up today.  I had a weak moment.  I hate to say it, but this gun is just too damn cute.  Fresh from the factory with "A" mags.  I'll take it out this week and see what it does.

Only dorks make impulse purchases.

Did I mention that the P22 was an impulse buy for me too!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in Full Metal Dork mode today.  A friend openned a new gun shop and it was my obligatory first purchase.

I rarely make impulse buys
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt Impulse on mine.  I waited awhile, I also got the one with both barrels.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#5]
... Time for a Gemtech Outback now
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

1st thing I thought
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I know this has to go form 4 correct? Just wondering total cost involved with the purchase of the can and paperwok etc. I bought a P22 and had to send it back to Walther due to FTF jamming etc. Seems O.K. now that I have it back.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... Just wondering total cost involved with the purchase of the can and paperwok etc. I ...

$300 for the part & $200 for the privilege
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]

$300 for the part & $200 for the privilege

LOL figures it would be over double what I paid for the gun. Definately part of the COOL factor. Time to cash in the in case of emergency bonds.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
the gemtech go's on the 3.45" barrel, the 5" barrel or both???
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Did somebody say cute?

Great little gun, about 1K through mine so far with no problems.

LL
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa, never seen the duel colored ones. Where ja get it at?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Could someone explain the "A series mags" thing to me, since I'm too lazy to google it? ;)
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Could someone explain the "A series mags" thing to me, since I'm too lazy to google it? ;)

On the side of the mags is a number followed by the letter "A"  From my understanding these are newer mags that have been reworked from the original mags to be more reliable.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top