Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 11:32:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine feeds Remington subsonic and Aguila SSS with no problem after I polished the feed ramp with a Dremel and some jewler's rouge.  As you note, it is sometimes very picky about keeping a firm grip, both for proper function and accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been told to chill out.  Evidently, I don't need to use s/s ammo with a can.  Regular ammo will not go transonic.

That's a common misconception.  A muzzle can won't affect velocity.  If a bullet is supersonic coming out of your P22 without a can, it will be supersonic with the can.  I think people say this (incorrectly) because the barrel of a gun with an integral can is usually ported, which reduces velocity relative to an unported barrel.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a p22 with a Gemtech outback suppresor. I use Remington Thunderbolt ammo. It produces no sonic crack and is VERY quite. I have not had any feeding problems with Remington supersonic or subsonic ammo.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I was told when I got mine that it only likes the hot stuff. I put a few 100 rds through it and then tried Rem SS, no problem. Accurate too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a p22 with a Gemtech outback suppresor. I use Remington Thunderbolt ammo. It produces no sonic crack and is VERY quite.

Cool; I'm guessing that most standard velocity .22 ammo will be subsonic in the P22's short bbl.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Phil Dater at Gemtech said they run Rem ss through theirs, but the employees also run CCI standard through theirs with good results. I just need to find a good standard velocity HP since the CCI standard is RN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top