Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 12:13:18 PM EDT
Is anyone using one here? How much does it help?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Uncut!  Useful info.  I will probably not spend the money on it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  I just bought it to reduce frame wear because my P99 QA is my first plastic gun and I am nervous (yes I know it is silly) about plastic guns.   IMO it has has a bit too much tension in the mainspring (it also has a subspring).  Much greater than the factory spec.  I am going to write Springco and ask them about buy a new spring so I can cut it down or see if they can sell me a cut down one.

Other than that, I have shot thousands of many types and brands of rounds with it with zero problems. It is however a slight pain to get back in after taking it out (not really a big deal).  You will notice that the factory plastic unit flexes a bit; the Springco device is solid metal and does not  flex when the slide is off the gun so I have to snag it with a finger and push down to get the rod to allign.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top