Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:44:34 PM EDT
Thoughts? looking at them they look decent. what are they going for new/used? how is the after market for them(lights/lasers/sights/holsters) tell me what you think
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 7:56:31 PM EDT by Echox9005]
They're great. Excellent accuracy, very reliable, finding after market parts is nearly impossible. Very few lasers or lights are available, and those thar are run $250 to $400. You should be able to pick up P99 new in box for $500 or less. If you're looking for Hi-cap mags, you can get either walther p99 or S&W99 mags, the only real difference is the logo. Unfortunately, they area also very expensive and can run $30 to $40 for a 16 rounder. One warning, if you have fat fingers, your trigger finger may be in for a chewing if you plan to put several hundred rounds through it at the range. Be sure you fondle one in at a gun shop or someplace before buying just to be sure it's a good fit. Holsters are easy to come by, leather, molded plastic, concealed, whatever. I bought one for my mom to use for home defense, she loves it, I love it, I'm jealous, you won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:29:58 AM EDT
Well
P99 is amazing I think..... the only reason your finger might be in for a chewing is if you got a pre 2004 P99 with the hump in the triggerguard.... also the pre 2004 have closed accessory rails and therefor yes it is hard to find laser/lights cheap.... that setup is just like on the older H&K's .......
AZ gunrunner sells mepro nightsights for about $70

The S&W differes also not just from the name on it,,,, the triggerguard on the SW99 is different from the ones on the P99......

cheap mags..... $25 if you have a Sportsman ware house close by (15 rounders),,, they don't do internet sales or you can buy S&W99 mags .. they are the same (16 rounders are getting hard to find)

I have not seen the P99 NIB for less than $550 as of resent times..... CDNN has some for $430 (though they might have sold by now) .. that's the cheapest I seen them,,,,, also it depends where you live I think,,,
you have to remeber that they are sold for over 700 EUros in Germany,,, and with the current exchange rate the prices might have gone up .... but if you look, there is some on Gunbroker NIB for about $550
Holsters for the newer style are getting more and more around,,,,
Comp-tac and Blade-Tech... make some gread Kydex holsters for the P99 .....all about $70
There is currently 3 models out there
AS (antistress) DA/SA though the pre 2004 only say P99 on them
QA light doubleaction Glock like trigger.... no second strike capability
DAO (P990 on pre 2004) though i have not seen any new ones as of resent times... S&W990 (DAO) in the S&W model are out there plentyfull due to the resent M&P coming out of their house

anyhow for all your P99 question go here

www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/ lots of info and pics with it

and for a good board besides here and Glock talk that don't see that much P99 action ,,, more the P22 go to Waltherforums.com.....
Top Top