Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:40:44 PM EDT
I just auctioned a P5
would like to see some pics if there is any of other P5's out there
also I am looking for Wood grips.... Nills or factory. If anybody has some they wanna part with let me know
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Grips run about 120-140 and can be tuff to find for less I am still looking for a pair myself

other than that the p5 is a fine pistol and one of the best shooting walthers out there
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Ummm well I might just break down an buy Nill's new and not worry about it
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a set of Nills on mine and love 'em. They wer $100 bucks at the time but I had to have them. Can't say enough good things about the pistol. Probably my favorite handgun.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a P5 several years ago and it is by far my favorite CCW.  Grips, mags, and holsters have been hard to find but I have managed.  Hogue makes (or made) grips for the P5 and I found a set at www.grips4guns.com/
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for that link
some nice grips for the PP's............. will call them and ask about the P5 .. they are not showing any as of yet
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thanks for that link
some nice grips for the PP's............. will call them and ask about the P5 .. they are not showing any as of yet

I found nicer (& cheaper) PP grips at CDNN.  When buying the P5 grips, I was told it was the first P5 grips he had sold in 5 years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#7]
yea I had ordered both sets of Zebra grips from CDNN already,,, in the hopes of sooner or later having a PP or PPK/s
that was a bargain for those grips...one set $24 and the other $29
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
uncut, if you want a set of the Hogues for the P-5, im or email me.
I got a set I never use. Like I said I have the Nills on mine. I could use a set of factory grips tho. Either way you can email me for pics if you want to check out the Nills.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks
Sent you a email
forgot to put in the link though to some nice P5 pics (and other nice pictures of firearms)

www.praxagora.com/lunde/firearms.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#10]
okies
I broke down and ordered a set of Nill grips.....
80sgyrene if you interested I might buy your Hogues ..... jet let me know

thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got mine at Cabelas last weekend I am also going to get the Nills unless I can find cheaper, I'll also have the slide refinished, will that cause the proof marks to be fainter after the refinish?

Uncut how tight is your barrell to the slide is there any play however small it might be? I am talking about play at the muzzel if you hold the gun from the slide in the locked position and try to move the tip of the barrel just curious congratulation it's one of a kind I always wanted it mine was made in 1981.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I am dissapointed.... my Nills won't fit
I had somebody else tell me that they needed a dremmel to make the Nills fit on their P5. Come monday I will call Nill and ask about it... I just got my P5 yesterday evening....
It seams tight... very tight... looks like less than 50 hots fired through it... no marks not even on the mags.. one was still in the factory wrapper.... I am so stoked about the P5.... we will see about the Nill grips though
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am dissapointed.... my Nills won't fit
I had somebody else tell me that they needed a dremmel to make the Nills fit on their P5. Come monday I will call Nill and ask about it... I just got my P5 yesterday evening....
It seams tight... very tight... looks like less than 50 hots fired through it... no marks not even on the mags.. one was still in the factory wrapper.... I am so stoked about the P5.... we will see about the Nill grips though

Where did you get your P5, was it a good deal?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I got mine at mac-tec...
mactec-militaryarms.com/nill-grips-walther.html

$138 by the time they were here..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I assume you're talkingabout the grips I meant the gun you had me thinking WTF 138 for a P5!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I got mine on gunbroker.com
was 665 shipped.... but it was a bargain
there is currently one on Gunbroker for auction by ..... Joes and debs guns
good looking... and they (joe and deb) have always good looking guns
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45321987
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]

SOG has P5's for $429 each.

linky

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Ummmm yes
SOG.... good price and from what I heard not bad looking for the $ neither.....
however..... they have silly import markings on them and don't have test targets and most likely more than just a lil bit of holster wear.....
but it is all what you are looking for....
I wanted one that had a serial # above 100.000 and as new as possible.... also was looking for LNIB .....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Uncut- Just to let you know, I had to do a little minor fitting on my grips when I got them. I think they are all that way so you get a perfect fit. I don't know if you can see in the pictures I sent you but the backstrap portion has a GREAT fit. If it wasn't for the grain of the wood it would look like a solid piece of walnut.

Just go very slow, you can always take more off.  I think I'll hold onto the Hogue's unless somebody wants to trade stock grips for them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#20]
uncut, what importer markings do the SOG P5s have?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I talked to Nill.....
they are suppose to fit right out of the box(bag).... first thing they ask was date code and serial # of the P5....
another P5 owner, KC date and serial over 100.000 had same issue than  me...
Nill told me they are unaware but wanted pics.. and are going to check into what's going on.. Nill said they would back the product if something should go wrong with the fitting of the grips...
They said Walthers tight tolerances  and theirs... should make for a perfect fit right out of the box without any work to be done to the grips.....
SO since they told me they would back it even with me working on the grips ... I will go ahead and do the work....
I just didn't want to file the grips and do something wrong and then had waisted $138........

As to SOG...... allt he guns I seen so far had that funy  "C.A.I,some city name and VA" milled in the frame ... it's not bad if you just wanna use the gun as a shooter I think... but if you want any Value, I just don't think it will do anymore..... I will track a pic down with a gun that has their importmarkings
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#22]
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45363575

here is a Walther PP with their import markings

Geaorgia VT.... is the city and the state not VA as i stated,,,,,

anyhow  i have seen some rifels imported  by them that have more the look of a roll marked import stamp....

just don't care much for a "engraved" import mark on the pistols.. thats all and I have not seen how the P5 is done....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep, that is ugly. That's the same mark I have on my FAL.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#24]
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
my Nills are on the P5 and looooking wonderful
As I don't have a hosting place for pics yet.... I guess I can post some on the Glocktalk walther forum.... however it will be without slide mounted as I am not finished cleaning out the barrel and slide itself.....
glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5963107#post5963107
page 5 towards the bottom

I would buy Nills again in a heartbeat... and if my deal works out on the PP .22lr thats the first thing I order for it
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I just got a p5 from SOG a week ago and its already my favorite pistol.  The import markings on the one I got is PW Arms white lettering on the bottom of the frame right under the barrel.

Has anyone shot one with a .30 luger barrel?
Does anyone know if aftermarket mags are any good?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Where did you see after market mags, how is the condition of the gun?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#27]
www.ammoclip.com/P/p5_&_p5compact.htm

here are some aftermarket mags...... Also I seen TrippleK makes them for the P5.... but I am not digging for that addy right now.....

Anyhow a factory P5 mag is somewhere in the $70 to $80 range

I seen a picture of the PW arms import marked ones.....not too bad.... almost not visible on the underside of the frame/triggerguard...... easy to take care of if you want to refinish it

The P5 is a great shooter....and no, I never shot the luger conversion but there is a total of  3 different barrels out there for the P5... but be prepared to pay a lot of $ for it.... there is one on gunbroker with the 30luger and 9mm barrel..... also there is a 9x21 for the P5 all facory
and if you wanna pay more for a conversion than for the P5 itself.... there is some guys that offer a .22lr kit from Germany... though I don't belive they are importing to the USA
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I seen a picture of the PW arms import marked ones.....not too bad.... almost not visible on the underside of the frame/triggerguard...... easy to take care of if you want to refinish it

How would you refinish the frame, I was told it can not be done due to the steel insert in the frame I beleive the peice forward of the trigger not sure, but the steele insert can not be removed as per Earl therefore it can not be refinished ( anodized )
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I guess I stand corrected..... I didn't know that the pin could not be removed

I think the one you are talking about is just infront of the trigger-pin itself and behind the takedown lever......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top