BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 4:26:59 AM EDT

What gives?

Is this normal or is the ppq difficult?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The issue is that the striker channel is close to the surface. If you look at the Q5, the bottom of the mount plates are machined to be the top of the channel. Doesnt give machinists much room to work with. I believe L&M makes a custom plate so it is more expensive than the other guns.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Found the same thing after I bought mine. My fault for not doing research in advance. For me, it seemed more cost effectively to sell and buy a Q5 match. Now I wonder if the Q4 Tac slide can be fitting on a regular PPQ to get same effect.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
But no BUIS.

I need an iron site with it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I had mine done for free by a friend.  He is by no means a rock star machinist.  Check out the Walther forum.  One of the guys is a machinist.  He has a thread or two about milling the slide.  It is not difficult.

As far as iron sights, I had my rear sight channel  milled out.  I have a Deltapoint Pro on mine.  I have a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight.  Leupold sells a rear sight that mounts on the Deltapoint.  Instead of spending $80 on the Leupold rear sight, I painted a vertical line on the back of the Deltapoint.  I use the top of the deck or the Deltapoint and the white line as the rear sight.  It works well, and I probably will never actually need to use it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the higher price has more to do with setup costs than difficulty.  Everyone is machining Glock and M&P slides and the machines are setup to do so.  Switching over to machining a PPQ and then switching back to the Glock takes time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#6]
If you’re willing to use the Shield RMS sight you can get that milled in for less than $200. Go to:
L&M Precision
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're willing to use the Shield RMS sight you can get that milled in for less than $200. Go to:
L&M Precision
View Quote
It's interesting that the Shield and Delta Point start at $180, but the RMR starts at $395.

I'd love to get an RMR for my PPQ45, but holy hell that's a lot of cash.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you checked with Primary Machine?

primary machine
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm waiting to see if L&M get their hands on the new Aimpoint... I'm assuming machining for that should be minimal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend milled mine for free.  I have a Deltapoint Pro on it.  It isn't that difficult to machine a flat and drill and tap two holes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#11]
There is a guy on the Walther Forums that mills his slides.   I got drawings from him.   I also have the Deltapoint Pro drawings.   At least I think have them.   Let me know if you want them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Just buy one with it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just buy one with it.
View Quote
There's a PPQ45 with milled slide?

Link?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top