Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2017 10:40:38 AM EDT
I have P99 and am looking to pick up a PPQ M1.  I want to purchase some extra mags, but I need to know which mags are compatible between the two?!

The Manufacturer Part # I'm wondering about specifically is: 2796422

I just need to know if it's the PPQ mag that is compatible with the P99 or not!

The P99 mag Manufacturer Part # on the site I'm looking at is:2796465

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Both mags you have part numbers for will work with both guns. The only difference is that the base pads will be stamped p99 or PPQ.

Only the older gen 1 P99 mags will have a little taller feed lip. This lets it kiss the feed ramp of PPQ barrel a little. You can just use them in the P99 or trim them a hair with a file and they will work in both.

Also the PPQ and new gen three P99 barrels will be interchangeable. Nice if you had a threaded barrel to share.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both mags you have part numbers for will work with both guns. The only difference is that the base pads will be stamped p99 or PPQ.

Only the older gen 1 P99 mags will have a little taller feed lip. This lets it kiss the feed ramp of PPQ barrel a little. You can just use them in the P99 or trim them a hair with a file and they will work in both.

Also the PPQ and new gen three P99 barrels will be interchangeable. Nice if you had a threaded barrel to share.
View Quote
Fantastic, thank you!

I have a 2015 P99...is that a Gen 3?  If so, maybe I should buy the threaded barrel version of the PPQ???
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes yours is a Gen 3. If you buy the threaded barrel version PPQ then your stuck with the M2 button mags. They only make the newer threaded barrel PPQ's in the Navy model with the damn button mag release.

They only made one PPQ with paddle mag lever and threaded barrel called the PPQ First Edition.

I literally just received my P99 yesterday and while my mags are fully interchangeable I found a difference in the older PPQ barrel and the new style ones. My older FAYxxx serial number  P99 has a spare PPQ threaded barrel also in the FAYxxx range and works perfectly. I tried the threaded barrel in my newer FCHxxx serial number PPQ and it will not work in it.

Basically from what I have read and see first hand is that newer barrels works fine in older guns P99/PPQ/PPQ-M2 but older barrels won't work in newer guns. I believe the cutoff serial number was FCAxxx. Once I look into this deeper I will update this information.

Hope this helps. Also I love my P99 way more than the PPQ so far! After shooting it this morning.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes yours is a Gen 3. If you buy the threaded barrel version PPQ then your stuck with the M2 button mags. They only make the newer threaded barrel PPQ's in the Navy model with the damn button mag release.

They only made one PPQ with paddle mag lever and threaded barrel called the PPQ First Edition.

I literally just received my P99 yesterday and while my mags are fully interchangeable I found a difference in the older PPQ barrel and the new style ones. My older FAYxxx serial number  P99 has a spare PPQ threaded barrel also in the FAYxxx range and works perfectly. I tried the threaded barrel in my newer FCHxxx serial number PPQ and it will not work in it.

Basically from what I have read and see first hand is that newer barrels works fine in older guns P99/PPQ/PPQ-M2 but older barrels won't work in newer guns. I believe the cutoff serial number was FCAxxx. Once I look into this deeper I will update this information.

Hope this helps. Also I love my P99 way more than the PPQ so far! After shooting it this morning.
View Quote
I was just looking at this, dang it!  I want the paddles...definitely buying an M1 PPQ.

Thank you for the information!

I definitely love the P99...I don't feel like it gets nearly enough love from the general community.  I just can't pass up the PPQ with the current $100 off...I'm even thinking about getting an M2 PPS and this price!

I had my Glock 19 stolen recently, so I've been looking to replace it with another one, but now I'm thinking maybe the PPQ can be the replacement, at $150 less with the cash back rebate!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought extra Magnum Research mags for my PPQ (M1 - First Edition), and they work perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought extra Magnum Research mags for my PPQ (M1 - First Edition), and they work perfectly.
View Quote
Good place to buy them from?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
A definite yes on PPQ classic over the 19. I have two gen4 19's and they just sit in the safe while HK's and Walthers use the Ammo up. I love the 19's but German pistols are my first love.

The MR9 mags are basically the same thing as the Walther mags being there both made by Mecgar in Italy.

We sold the wife's Shield 9mm for the PPS M2 for the better quality gun and rebate. After I get the $100 back we will only be out of $14 dollars to get the PPS. Also we ended up with the LE version comes with three mags and better glow sights.
This little gun shoots amazing for the size and accuracy is every bit as good as the big guns. If you shoot one you will be amazed. It's like a mini PPQ with a 2lb heavier trigger pull. The button mag doesn't bother me on this little gun and my wife is used to that already coming from the Shield.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A definite yes on PPQ classic over the 19. I have two gen4 19's and they just sit in the safe while HK's and Walthers use the Ammo up. I love the 19's but German pistols are my first love.

The MR9 mags are basically the same thing as the Walther mags being there both made by Mecgar in Italy.

We sold the wife's Shield 9mm for the PPS M2 for the better quality gun and rebate. After I get the $100 back we will only be out of $14 dollars to get the PPS. Also we ended up with the LE version comes with three mags and better glow sights.
This little gun shoots amazing for the size and accuracy is every bit as good as the big guns. If you shoot one you will be amazed. It's like a mini PPQ with a 2lb heavier trigger pull. The button mag doesn't bother me on this little gun and my wife is used to that already coming from the Shield.
View Quote
This is great to hear!  I still want to add a G19 back to my stock, but I I'll wait for a good deal on a new or used one now that I'll have the PPQ.

I'm actually entertaining getting the PPS M2 partly for my wife as a CC gun.  She is in real estate and the company she's with will pay for her conceal carry class.  I was thinking about grabbing the PPS M1 since it has the paddle releases, but I don't like that the blackstrap is connected to whether the gun will fire or not.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have always wanted the PPS with paddle mag but the back strap disconnecting the striker kept me away. Chances of it coming off are pretty small but I would have probably drilled a roll pin if I had bought one.
The PPS M2 is a very nice shooter and I feel a better gun than my G43 in a certain way. The size of it makes for a good grip without squirming around in the hand like my 43. I'm even running a +1 and +2 Taran Tactical base pads on my 43.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top