Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 10:41:27 PM EDT
Back story is a friend passed away and he left behind a few dozen guns. His family is not into guns and was wondering about a ball park value. I looked online but could not find one in 380 for sale.  

The only info I have on it is Walther PP in 380 serial 72866 and it was said to be in very good condition.
Now the serial number comes from the police who took possession of all of the firearms. When I looked at the Walther serial number range for the PP's they seem to start at 750XXX. So I am confused given the police report shows serial # 72866. Perhaps the PD wrote the serial number down incorrectly.  

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a Nazi marked gun? Too many variables to give you a ball park with a gun in production that long.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly your best bet would be to join the Walther forum and ask around on there. But like already mentioned there's a lot of variables with a gun that was produced for so long. Could you post some pictures?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly your best bet would be to join the Walther forum and ask around on there. But like already mentioned there's a lot of variables with a gun that was produced for so long. Could you post some pictures?
View Quote
Neither I or the family has handled the firearm to confirm serial number or condition so no pictures. It is still with the Dept and going through a process with an administrative judge so the family can get his guns back. The PD took all of his firearms after he died, it was something about the fact that he lived alone.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
What state is that?

Sounds like total BS to me.

The arms are part of the estate.

I'm guessing the cops are also looking up the values...
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The 9mm Kurz /.380 ACP pistols don't have the same range as the 7.65 Browning/.32 ACP pistols, so the available charts are not much help.

However, with the lack of a P suffix, it is post 1952, and probably late 1970s production (and probably Interarms imported).  

Regardless of when it was made PP pistols in 9mm Kurz /.380 ACP are less common and you should grab it.

Value wise, an Interarms imported PP in .380 will sell for at least $500 in good condition, and in excellent condition it'll sell for $750-$800.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
$600 and up.

I lucked into one for quite a bit less. The lgs aren't walther guys and said, bleh... it's an Interarms gun...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top