Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 12:15:39 PM EDT
I bought my wife the PK380 in early March. We took it to the range a week later and the sites were quite a bit off. At 7.5 yards it was 3 inches low and 3 inches to the right. My local gun range gunsmith verified that and we sent it back to Walther on March 18. I haven't heard anything and the gun shop hasn't gotten it back yet. At the time they were quoting a 6-8 week timeframe which is pretty ridiculous for a BRAND NEW gun with a site defect. Now we are at 10 weeks and still nothing.

I know they had the CCP recall, but would that affect this issue also?

Is there a contact number I can call? The local gun shop seems a bit hesitant to give them a call. Not real happy with them either but I'll go pay them a visit this week if I don't hear anything back.

Just looking for some advice.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There's real time and then there's gunsmith time.  One day in real time equals three days in gunsmith time.  Kind of like dog years.  

I suspect Walther USA is a very small operation.  I'd be surprised if they had more than two or three gunsmiths in the shop.  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they only had one.  Or none.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It's safe to say that Summer is their busy time.
Last year  when I sent in my PPK for repairs I was expecting several week of waiting.  I wasn't exactly surprised to wait over a month.  It's summer now; busy, busy busy!

All things considered I'd call around the end of the month.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a statement regarding their warranty.

http://www.waltherarms.com/legendary-lifetime-warranty/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top