Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2016 11:40:26 AM EDT
Anyone using this combination? If so, would you recommend it? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone using this combination? If so, would you recommend it? Thanks!
View Quote

I am, although my pistol is the M1, but same same as far as the question goes.

I can kind of recommend it...For the money it's good, but the MTAC/Minotaur is the better option for a little more money.

The edges of the holster at the mouth are really sharp and hug the pistol a little too tight for easy re-holstering. I applied a little heat and flared out the edges a bit to fix it. The seam around the edges of the synthetic backing pinches a little bit. Hard to describe it, but where the neoprene is sown to the 'alien skin' stuff,  it grabs your flesh and pinches. It's weird.  The neoprene will make you sweat a bit as well. I imagine it's way worse in hot and humid conditions.

I don't know, like I said, I am using it, and I do think it's good FOR THE MONEY because it's fairly cheap, but I would advise you to spend the extra cash on the Minotaur which is the superior holster.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It pains me to state the obvious.  But you do generally get what you pay for.  AG holster will work, but I will not recommend them.

I've tried various holsters from a lot of the major players.

It is my honest opinion that StealthGear is the best available in a concealed carry holster.  Buy either an Onyx, or their new IWB Mini, and be happy.  They are miles better than anything else when it comes to carrying comfortably.

Buy once, cry once.  Money spent on quality gear to carry with is money well spent.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info! You're correct, it's almost always the case of low price lesser quality and that's why I asked. I'll look at both of the options y'all mentioned. Thanks again, much appreciated!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top