Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:34:03 PM EDT
Took my PPQ to the range this week and was using WWB and Federal low recoil and for some strange reason the slide would not lock back after the last round.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch your grip. Plenty of people have been known to either be holding down or up on the large, ambidextrous slide release of the PPQ.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto. Your hitting the slide stop. I've thought about trimming mine down before about a 1/4" just to get my grip where it feels the best and doesn't hit it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Try shooting one handed and see if it happens.  My guess it doesn't and you have your answer as others have stated.  Don't ride the slides stop/release
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to slightly change my grip to wrap my firing hand thumb around my support hand otherwise that thumb was to close to the slide stop and causing it to lock open often.

I have the same issue when shooting a Beretta M9.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably riding the slide stop lever.  I cut about 3/8 inch off of each lever.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup. Like most pistols, bad design on the slide stop lever.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have pictures of this you would like to post/share
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you go.  Other mods, I made:

Fastfire 3

Dawson Precision FO Front Sight

Rubber Traction Grips on the Sides

Stippled front and back strap

Replaced Trigger Return and FPB springs and polished trigger bar, turned a great trigger into an exceptional one for $20

Sprinco Recoil Spring
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive talked about it a long time to my buddy. I'm cutting my slide stop down just like that. I would no longer have to change my thumb position. I knew it was possible, it just seemed a hair to long to me. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
You can do it with the lever in the gun.  However it is easier to take it out.  It takes a few hits with a punch and hammer, but it will come loose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top