Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2016 11:46:32 PM EDT
The Walther Q5 has been out since April.  Don't know how I hadn't heard about it until recently. Anyone have any experience with one?

Intrigues me a bit because just recently I was looking into what it would take to mount an rmr on my PPQ.  Apparently it requires milling of the slide.  Google search of images showed the Q5.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just checked this pistol out at the IDPA nationals. A guy in my squad is shooting for Walther using this gun. They had a table top display.

I am VERY impressed. There is absolutely nothing else needed to be added/altered to the gun aftermarket. Now I just need to shoot it. Might be doing that later today. I'll send a follow on report.

Right now, it's at the top of my "next purchase" list. If I can find one in stock!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just checked this pistol out at the IDPA nationals. A guy in my squad is shooting for Walther using this gun. They had a table top display.

I am VERY impressed. There is absolutely nothing else needed to be added/altered to the gun aftermarket. Now I just need to shoot it. Might be doing that later today. I'll send a follow on report.

Right now, it's at the top of my "next purchase" list. If I can find one in stock!
View Quote

Nice,  let us know how it feels.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I examined one at the LGS and it was pretty impressive indeed.  The blue trigger was the only thing I didn't like about it, but with a trigger like that, well, I could overlook the blue bits.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

UPDATE:  shot a few mags thru it after the match. It shoots great. Great recoil absorption. The sights tracked extremely well during recoil while shooting rapid fire on the steel plate rack. Accurate. All controls are easily purchased and maneagable.

Will be buying. Now I just need to wait till its restocked at my dealer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it have an alibi? No no it doesn't U G L Y it ain't go not alibi.
Sorry, I just don't like the way the new walthers look.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Nobody online has them?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]

I have the PPQ 5" and I love the balance and ergonomics of it.  Has anyone compared the trigger pull/feel of the Q5 to the standard PPQ?

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nobody online has them?
View Quote

Only place I'm seeing them is on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Would like to see them come out with a 5 inch in .45.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Just an FYI that Omaha Outdoors has them in stock. Don't think the price is good but I don't know the street price. I'm thinking about getting one to try. Not sure if I'd want to put an optic on it but it seems to have some improvements over a standard 5" like better sights and a lighter slide?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
If they made one the way Walther should be with a paddle mag release I'd already own one.

Can't justify buying two and swapping lowers around. Yet.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Still have not seen one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I just received my Q5 last week, very solid gun with a great trigger...running snap caps till I get to the range
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked one up yesterday at the gun show in Houston.  Went to the range after and ran a couple hundred rounds through it, absolutely flawless. Wasn't even using quality ammo and it didn't have a single hiccup.

The trigger is crisp, reset is perfect and accuracy is unmatched.  I ran a few magazines through my Glock 19 after and immediately went back to the Q5.  It is a lot of fun to shoot and is by far the best pistol I currently own.  I can only imagine it getting better after some break-in although I can't imagine what that would be like.

The only negative thing I can say about it is I wish the rear sight had fiber optics.  Since it is just black it takes a little more time for target acquisition but you wouldn't be able to tell looking at my targets.

Great pistol!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#15]
For anyone with a M1 that doesn't want to buy a new set of magazines, a friend just bought one and I had a chance to try it out.  The Q5 is impressive but I also pulled the slide and put it on my M1 frame to see if it works.   Works like a champ!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#16]
@Ken01
This info might be right up your alley, didn't you recently get this pistol?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top