Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2016 12:36:05 PM EDT
I bought a 9mm PPS about 5 years ago. Absolutely love the pistol - very accurate, balances well, uber reliable and easy to shoot well.

Went into a local gunshop for the first time in some years yesterday and all they have is  PPS M2.

So Walther changed the mag release, I had no problem with the original.

But as I stated in the title, how do the two pistols compare?  

Thanks very much for your input.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For me they shoot identical, the only diiference I notice is how the grip fits my hand. I do not like the new grip as much. The grip tapers off and I find that there isn't as much grip for my ring and pinky finger to wrap around. I had to make a conscious effort, to make sure I was closing down my ring and pinky finger on the decreased size of the new grip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
love the new grip over the old model.  both have been very reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.  It's much appreciated.

My local gunshop doesn't have any in stock but I may go ahead and order one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the new M2 still pinch on insertion of a new mag?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the M2. I had a classic PPS before. The m2 seems to fit better ergonomically in my hands than the classic. I had meprolight night sights on the classic that I swapped over to the m2.  Shoots just as accurately and zero malfunctions.

I ordered mine online without seeing get one in person.  Deciding factor for me was the mag release.  I also have a ppq m2,  so I wanted to train for the same mag release for both pistols.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd find it pretty tough to give up those paddle releases but would be curious to examine the M2.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I've just ordered the M2 PPS LE edition which comes with 3 magazines.  Will pick up the first of next week.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My recoil spring assembly broke at 200 rounds. Walther is sending me another.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
New recoil assembly already received.  They shipped fast!
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have them both. For my hand I do prefer the M2's grip, but I love them both, absolutely dead reliable. One recommendation put a Talon grip on them, makes them even better. I put Talon grips on all my guns, even my AR15's.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up my 9mm PPS M2 the other day. Got the LE Edition which comes with three 8 rd. mags and  night sights for $458.00 plus sales tax.  

The other option was $425.00 for the pistol with one magazine and no night sights.  Given that the mags cost $42.00 each, the choice was clear.

I'm very pleased with it, the ergonomics are excellent (as with my PPS). It points naturally, balances well and feels good in hand.

The newer pistol doesn't bite like the original when you insert a new magazine.

I haven't had a chance to get to the range yet, but I'm confident it'll be as accurate and reliable as my older Walther.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the pistol so far and many thanks to you all for providing feedback.    

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Are they still making the M1?  I remembered when they stopped making the M1 PPQ and people complained and they brought it back.  So i'm curious if they did the same on the PPS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they still making the M1?  I remembered when they stopped making the M1 PPQ and people complained and they brought it back.  So i'm curious if they did the same on the PPS.
View Quote

As far as I can determine, the M1 is not in production at the moment.  

ETA

Owning both the original PPS and the new model, I have to say I prefer the M2.  The ergonomics of the grip are considerably better to me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a die hard Glock own that's been carrying a G19 for years, but now that I'm getting older and a little fatter I wanted something a little smaller, lightweight.  I handled a PPS/M2 at the LGS  and really liked the fit and handling.  I went online and found the LE for $429 shipped.  Originally I was going to go for just the M2 at $379, but for a few bucks more to get an extra mag and night sights I just couldn't pass.  Should have it by the end of next week.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a die hard Glock own that's been carrying a G19 for years, but now that I'm getting older and a little fatter I wanted something a little smaller, lightweight.  I handled a PPS/M2 at the LGS  and really liked the fit and handling.  I went online and found the LE for $429 shipped.  Originally I was going to go for just the M2 at $379, but for a few bucks more to get an extra mag and night sights I just couldn't pass.  Should have it by the end of next week.
View Quote

Let us know how you like it.  I think you'll be very pleased.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#16]
According to Walther customer service rep, Walther will make some PPS classic  production runs occasionally as long as they have enough parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top