Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/24/2002 10:18:07 PM EDT
Can you still get these? Anyone ever shot one?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:45:12 AM EDT
Have shot them. Love them! They shoot like a P-38. They have gone from $600.00 to close to a grand now. No longer imported. Wish I still had mine!

Tim
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:36:14 AM EDT
I picked up a Walter P5 about a year ago. I've only had it to the range twice, but man does it shoot! This fits my hand and points like I couldn't belive! Now, if only it didn't have that Euro mag release.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:06:59 AM EDT
Being only an 8 shot mag, a warmed over P-38 design and a German price tag, I think hampered its acceptance on a large scale. A good friend has been trying to sell his forever...no takers. I love the P-38, the gun, the history and the looks. I think the P-5 is the latest attempt to keep the design alive, very well done, IMO. I don't know how well hollowpoints feed in them. To me, that would make the gun a keeper or a weeper. Having two P-88s pass through my hands, those too, are sexy creatures, indeed. (pardon my analogy) But at the current price of 4 or 5 NIW P-88 mags, (15 rounders) you could buy a complete 9MM of another make. That is the main reason I passed them on to whoever would give them a good home.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 9:29:30 AM EDT
I have a special version that I brought back with me from when I was stationed in Germany. It is a regular P-5 in 9mm with a .30 Luger conversion. Great shooter in both caliber's thought the barrel is a bit short for the .30 Luger. Makes a nice fireball when fired.
Top Top