Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 6:50:14 PM EDT
Ive had my 8" Casull for about 2 yrs now, the more I shoot it ,the more I realize how accurate the darn thing is.
Plane ol Iron sights,nice grip,good factory muzzel brk and porting,trigger needs some work,but over all a good BIG-BORE revolver.
If anyone out there has a 454,please share youre adventures with a fellow Taurus owner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:34:59 PM EDT
hey i just bought a ruger in 454 casull.. any tips for a newbie to the caliber?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:45:27 PM EDT
I have the RB chambered in .454. It's a bitch to shoot more than 5-10 rounds, kills my hand. I just got it back from Taurus as about 6 months ago it's timing fucked up, they repaired it for free of course so all is good now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:28:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
I have the RB chambered in .454. It's a bitch to shoot more than 5-10 rounds, kills my hand. I just got it back from Taurus as about 6 months ago it's timing fucked up, they repaired it for free of course so all is good now.

Ill shoot mine about ten times,then give it a rest,for the FPS that the taurus 454 delivers,you,d think that the recoil would be more than it is,Im sold on the porting and muzzel brk.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:44:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Redjack:
hey i just bought a ruger in 454 casull.. any tips for a newbie to the caliber?

Its a big ^%$^%$ gun isnt it? Welcome to the club.I know one thing for shure,Load youre own rds,Its a tad on the expensive side of shooting,you save a lot of $ when you load youre own,Ive got my reloads blazing the same FPS as Factory ammo
Top Top