Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 5:12:25 PM EDT
I just bought one of these:
www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=851SS2ULT&category=Revolver
The adjustable sights and lack of porting sold me.
However, when I picked it up the damn thing was ported! The webpage specifies no porting...the bastards lied. I checked the SKU# and it is exactly the same revolver that is on the web page. Don't believe Taurus's webpage. Its not accurate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:27:33 PM EDT
Man you should see the flame on that lilbugger!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:42:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By W-W:
Man you should see the flame on that lilbugger!

Yea, sure...rub it in why don't ya?
I didn't want a ported carry gun. Lint and crap gets in there, plus there is the night vision issue. I was a little dissapointed when I picked it up. Oh well, live and learn.
Who knows, it might shoot great.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:54:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 7:53:57 AM EDT by Slacker]

Originally Posted By Striker:
Sounds like a great reson to try out their customer service. Send it back and tell them you want the gun advertised on their website...

Excellent idea. I'll try it.

EDITED TO ADD:
I just called thier customer service line and left a detailed message. Hope they call me back tommorow, I ordered a non-ported snubby, I'd like to have one.

UPDATE:
Called back Taurus customer service and explained the problem. Young lady on the phone said "oops, its a misprint".
She then preceeded to tell me that I have to deal with the FFL that I purchased it from. They were not interested in making it right...even it is their fault. Manufacturer of the year my ass....
Top Top