Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 5:12:25 PM EDT
I just bought one of these:
www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=851SS2ULT&category=Revolver
The adjustable sights and lack of  porting sold me.
However, when I picked it up the damn thing was ported! The webpage specifies no porting...the bastards lied. I checked the SKU# and it is exactly the same revolver that is on the web page. Don't believe Taurus's webpage. Its not accurate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Man you should see the flame on that lilbugger!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Man you should see the flame on that lilbugger!

Yea, sure...rub it in why don't ya?
I didn't want a ported carry gun. Lint and crap gets in there, plus there is the night vision issue. I was a little dissapointed when I picked it up. Oh well, live and learn.
Who knows, it might shoot great.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like a great reson to try out their customer service. Send it back and tell them you want the gun advertised on their website...

Excellent idea. I'll try it.

EDITED TO ADD:
I just called thier customer service line and left a detailed message. Hope they call me back tommorow, I ordered a non-ported snubby, I'd like to have one.

UPDATE:
Called back Taurus customer service and explained the problem. Young lady on the phone said "oops, its a misprint".
She then preceeded to tell me that I have to deal with the FFL that I purchased it from. They were not interested in making it right...even it is their fault. Manufacturer of the year my ass....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top