Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:16:31 AM EDT
My son bought a PT145.  I disliked it as soon as I saw it and fell in love as soon as I shot.  Now I own one.  One of his friends also bought one after playing with ours, all within 6 months.  
Now the "problem"
Has anyone ever looked at the primers after they have been fired.  I had previously picked up all of our brass and was going to reload.  Nearly every primer had a good primer strike and a drag mark where the firing pin was dragged across the face of the primer.  Ammunition was not the factor as we had fired factory WWB, Rem, Wolf and my reloads with most any headstamp with Win, Rem, and Fed primers.  I have not tried CCI primers yet.  All of the reloads were under listed max and the powders were AA#5, Clays, Universal Clays and TiteGroup.   Reloads were lead 200, 225 and 230 gr and the factory was all hardball 230 gr.  
I'm at a loss for the problem.  Do we send all 3 back to the factory?  Has anyone else had this problem?  Oh yes, all 3 were bought at different stores.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had mine for about a year now and at my first range session i notice the same thing, the drag mark.  Never have seen that before in other guns i own.  
I would not let that bother you one iota.  Mine has never had any problems with the function or accuracy.  The more i shoot mine the happier I am with it.  It shoots Real sweet and fits my hand like none other.  I am just about ready to start reloading for it so unless the drag mark affects the cases I'm not going to give it another thought.  Since you have seen the same in the three you know and mine makes four I am going to guess it is just inhearent in the model, but it seems to only be a curiosity.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
My concern was that the extra stress on the firing pin might lead to failure at a need to be working full time moment.   Too sweet of a machine not to have handy all of the time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Good point!  I did not event check my brass since I shot the last of my Blazer yesterday(non reloadable).  Next range session i will have to see if it is continueing, if so I will take some pics and send an email with pics to Taurus USA and Brazil so I can have it on record.  Might be a good idea for you also we might get a fix or at least if the FP or FP channel ever does have an issue we might be on better ground for faster service.  If I am not mistaked I think I read something on a Kel Tec sight that showed the same thing.  Don't remember if the issue came to needing a fix.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you run across the issue in Kel Tec again, post results of their findings here or post a link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top