Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 2:16:44 PM EDT
 My wife bought me a new 651 cia taurus for x-mass.  ( it's a snub nose 357 mag)  It shoots great , I was getting head shots at 50 foot , first time out.  But then it started  Around 60 - 70 rounds it started getting hard to open
 I shot 100 rounds in 1 hour.  I asked the range master and he said "It's new and dirty"

This is my 3rd wheel gun 1-Colt, 1-Smith-Wesson and first Taurus. I inspected all 3 and noticed that the Taurus has a indent pin in front of the cylinder.

Will someone with experence with Taurus revolvers shead some light on this for me. This is my first new wheel gun, and damn it I like it, except for this hard to open issue.

Thanks an advance
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
A 100 rounds from a .357 snubbie in an hour!!! You must have hands of steel. I own a .38 bobbed hammer Taurus snubby and love it. It has never been stiff on me but will sting my hand a tad if I shoot it enough. Maybe I'm just a pussy.. The only thing I can guess is maybe it still had some heavy factory grease in it and when it got real dirty on the front of the cylinder it started sticking. It may need more rounds fired through it or cleaned and lubed real good. I had problems with my Ruger GP100 cylinder getting very stiff on opening but it was like -5 degrees and once it warmed up it was OK again.If it was very cold at your range that could be it. The only other thing I can guess at is your cylinder is a tad out of whack. I think it would show when you fired it and since you had good accuracy I doubt it but who knows? If your really concerned I would contact Taurus.Where are you at in Indy? I live near Brownsburg. As it hasn't been that cold here I doubt that it's your problem. My Taurus is easy if anything to open. What an awesome wife to buy you a pistol for christmas. Wish I could be of more help. A little off topic but I have seen the Valkyrie rune...it'scool but I'll stick with my custom Road King insteadHad
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ten-ring I shot 50 38's and 50 357's. It's an all steel gun so recoil that of an 9mm. I was shooting indoors at an targetmaster range.

I live up by Fort Wayne; this saturday I took the gun back to the dealer. He said it is defintinly rubbing on the front sper. He is sending it back to Tarusus.

Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my best friends is a lawyer (although I don't hold that against him!) and lives in Ft. Wayne. I go up there about twice a year for a good old fasioned pub crawl. It's a great city. I saw Van Halen there at the coliseum. My liver said ouch!! I love my little Taurus snubby and never understood the gun snobs who look down on them. I have Colt's , HK's and a nice Ruger .357 but it's the little Taurus that goes everywhere. It stays in my truck and easily fits in a jacket pocket. Sweet!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of loads were they? Grain. If I could ask you a question: are Smith J frame Grips and Taurus 85 grips interchangeable?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top