Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 5:04:34 PM EDT
Any comments?  Looks like a nice 380 to me.  Black for me please, but my wife will like the colors.

From SHOT
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They look nice and are made in US.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of the color combos are… um… questionable. 

But the gun itself looks like it has some real potential. Not a corner nor edge anywhere, the rear “scallop” on the slide looks like a nice alternative to traditional serrations, and while the trigger pull is apparently heavier than the LCP-II, the wide trigger should mitigate that. And the 7+1 mag option is a nice touch. 

What I haven’t seen yet is a good photo of the sight arrangement, a typical weak point in these small pistols. And trigger pull depends more on quality (smoothness, stacking, etc.) than simple weight IMHO; the jury is out on that until we get real reviews.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I had missed this thread and started a new one.  Short version I have my LGS Looking and will take any color or combo.  I have 8 pocket 380's and one bigger Browning BDA.  This will make 10 total.

Edit:  Colt Mustang XSP , Glock 42 , Kahr CW-380 , Ruger(s) LCP , LCP Custom , and LCP II , Remington RM-380 , S&W Sigma 380 , ....and the Browning BDA .
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well one source says they won't be shipping en masse till April.  Okay I'll wait.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
That would be better, March as that is next month.  I will get one for sure, sometimes being the first adopter is not the thing to do as I learned with the XDS.  I had to send both back for the recall, but I had them before they really got popular.
I see the Spectrum as a real game changer for Taurus....unlike the Curve.  (Not knocking the Curve, just not a sales hit)
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Here we are at the first week of June and still nothing. Anyone hearing anything? You would think by now they would have some early models out to reviewers.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had missed this thread and started a new one.  Short version I have my LGS Looking and will take any color or combo.  I have 8 pocket 380's and one bigger Browning BDA.  This will make 10 total.

Edit:  Colt Mustang XSP , Glock 42 , Kahr CW-380 , Ruger(s) LCP , LCP Custom , and LCP II , Remington RM-380 , S&W Sigma 380 , ....and the Browning BDA .
View Quote
No Taurus PT58?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wish I had never sold my BDA 380. Bought it in the early 1980's. The only thing that has come close to that nature feel has been a PPQ.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I had not heard of the PT-58, looks to be a nice gun.  I am still trying to get a Spectrum...I guess they are Pie-in-the-sky.   Browning's 380 1911 would be nice if it were not so pricey.  I don't care that 380 ammo is higher than 9MM, it is more pleasant to shoot recreationally and works with mouse guns for self defense.  I don't have any of my mouse guns that are a pleasure to shoot.  The Colt Mustang and the G-42 are close and I imagine if I had a Sig 238 it would be similar to the Mustang.  One of the reasons I really want to try a Taurus Spectrum.  The Berretta 86 and 87 are very similar to the Browning BDA and everyone likes them..  Oh well we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That would be better, March as that is next month.  I will get one for sure, sometimes being the first adopter is not the thing to do as I learned with the XDS.  I had to send both back for the recall, but I had them before they really got popular.
I see the Spectrum as a real game changer for Taurus....unlike the Curve.  (Not knocking the Curve, just not a sales hit)
View Quote
They are still saying "End of second quarter" as of today.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Well here it is mid July, and i have yet to see one of these in the wild.

Saw on American Rifleman TV show, where they visited the plant, but none to be found in my area.

Semi interested in trying one out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah....I’m not feeling it any more.  Bought a Glock 42 today.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw one today. Pretty nice DAO trigger, more comfortable in the hand than the G42, but sights are pretty minimal though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Saw one today. Pretty nice DAO trigger, more comfortable in the hand than the G42, but sights are pretty minimal though.
View Quote
I know the sights are minimal.  The slide serrations have been eliminated, how is it to rack the slide

Looks like it the rubber insert got wet or oily it might be hard or impossible to chamber a round
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Been trying to locate one for a while here in WI seems as though no one has stock.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know the sights are minimal.  The slide serrations have been eliminated, how is it to rack the slide

Looks like it the rubber insert got wet or oily it might be hard or impossible to chamber a round
View Quote
The indentations in the slide seemed to offer a decent hold with my index finger and thumb. Didn't notice a rubber insert in there. The slide is otherwise very smooth, so if you have fat fingers racking it might be harder than regular serrations.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Picked on up at my FFl via grabagun yesterday.  About the same size as the rest of my .380 pocket pistols.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#19]
IMO the extra money you spend on the bodyguard or LCP is worth it for the warranty alone. After dealing with Taurus customer service I don't think I'll be buying another. I guess these newer guns aren't getting a lifetime warranty anymore.

Also if you have issues after 90 days of the purchase date, they want you to pay for shipping..

How is the Remington? It's basically a Roughburg in 380 right?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
IMO the extra money you spend on the bodyguard or LCP is worth it for the warranty alone. After dealing with Taurus customer service I don't think I'll be buying another. I guess these newer guns aren't getting a lifetime warranty anymore.

Also if you have issues after 90 days of the purchase date, they want you to pay for shipping..

How is the Remington? It's basically a Roughburg in 380 right?
View Quote
It is basically the same gun with some small changes. I have had a couple of failures to feed at the range which required tapping the back of the slide to get it to go into battery. That seemed to clear up after several mags. Otherwise it felt about the same as the others.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought a Spectrum two weeks ago and finally shot it yesterday. Fired 100 rounds trigger pull is long but good, all rounds kept on 8" target at about 12 yards. Out of 100 rounds only 3 failure to feed and I think they were my fault for not having the magazine fully seated. Considering the 10 oz weight I was pleased at the light recoil compared to the S&W Bodyguard. Overall I'm very pleased and happy with the purchase. Once fully broken in it definitely goes into the carry rotation.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bought a Spectrum two weeks ago and finally shot it yesterday. Fired 100 rounds trigger pull is long but good, all rounds kept on 8" target at about 12 yards. Out of 100 rounds only 3 failure to feed and I think they were my fault for not having the magazine fully seated. Considering the 10 oz weight I was pleased at the light recoil compared to the S&W Bodyguard. Overall I'm very pleased and happy with the purchase. Once fully broken in it definitely goes into the carry rotation.
View Quote
At the range I had a problem several times of accidentally hitting the mag release and then it would drop slightly and of course not properly load the next round.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Out of stock but most on sale for $129 here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top