Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2016 4:47:28 PM EDT
Got Taurus PT111 G2, beside the 12rd what other magazine will fit it? Will the 17rd 24/7 work? Thank!
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig P226 15 rounders will work.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive heard the 24/7 mags work but cannot confirm.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have personally confirmed that the 226 magazines will work.  However, when using a factory SIG 226 magazine I found it was far to easy to over insert the magazine and cause a malfunction.  Twice in the range session when I was giving the 226 magazine a try it happened and I wasn't ramming the magzine into the gun or anything.  It will simply run right past the mag stop then when you hit the slide release it'll cause a nose up malfunction.

To me the chance of causing a malfunction is too great to use anything other than than the factory 12 rounders unless the 226 magazines would be a range only addition to the bag.  I did find Taurus OEM PT111 mags on Grab a Gun for 23 dollars and ordered 3 the other day.  That brings my magazine stash for the PT111 to what I consider the bare minimum and will allow me to run the gun in IDPA competition without problem if I get a magazine that decides to go bad on me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Just FYI. The Canik TP9 model (TP9sa, TP9sf, TP9 V2, and the new TP9sf elite) magazines will work in this pistol. They will feed and fire perfectly fine. But they will not lock back on the last round. But they are cheaper than the Sig mags are. AIM Surplus sells the 18 rd ones for about $23 each. There are 3 sizes you can get (18 rd, 20 rd, and 15 rd will be coming out soon. They are Mecgar mags and work great. Great for spare carry or HD use.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sig P226 15 rounders will work.
View Quote
So will the P226 18 and 20 rounders. If you don't like the mag sticking out, I understand you can easily modify an M&P shield mag/grip extension. (Check youtube - a guy shows this.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top