Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2016 10:09:09 PM EDT
I haven't been able to find much on this.  Taurus' website info about it is a fucking joke to be honest and the firm that is involved in the recall won't respond to my questions.

Is anyone sending in their guns for a replacement?  Will the G1 mags work with the G2 pistol?

I have several extra mags that I suspect will be worthless to me if I end up requesting the 2nd gen pistol.  I'm hoping they'll replace the mags also but not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't count on them replacing your gen 1 gun. Supposedly they sourced the parts to repair current guns and may not just give everyone an upgrade.

Either rely on them doing a repair or send it in for cash.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I am "on the list" for both a PT140 Pro and a PT111 Pro.  I hope to hear more about what they are offering before I decide which way to go.  I'd be fine with a G2 replacement for both of my pistols.  However, things have slowed down on the process.  Here's the text of an email I received in early August:
This message is an update on the class action filed with the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, in Chris P. Carter v. Forjas Taurus S.A., Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc., and Taurus Holdings, Inc., Case No. 1:13-CV-24583-PAS

On July 22, 2016, the Court entered an order granting final approval of the settlement. Under the law, those who filed objections have 30 days to file an appeal. To date, at least one appeal has been filed. The appeals process must conclude before the claims period can begin. Additional updates, including the finalized schedule and how to submit a claim, will be provided as soon as the appeals process is concluded.

Please continue to check the settlement website at www.tauruscartersettlement.com for additional information and how to submit a claim.
View Quote

It could be a long time before this thing fully shakes out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ugh. Never again will I buy a taurus.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent in a PT140 Mil Pro & a 24/7 Pro in .45acp.
My replacement choice is a PT111G2 in 9mm for the 24/7, or the cash offer.
The PT140 has not been "inspected" yet.

This sucks almost as bad as the Cleveland Browns.
Guess I'll unload these (the store I work for was selling them for 189 'till we ran out at Thanksgiving), save some pennies and buy another Glock or try an HK.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
About a year or two before the recall, I bought a used 24/7 OSS in .45 ACP.  I have tried everything I could think of to get it to fire on a primed case, shaking it, dropping it, banging on it, harsh words and evil looks and nothing would pop the primer.  I figure if I sent it in on the recall, that would be the last I'd ever see of it so I'm not bothering with it.  I figure one of these days it may be the Edsel of the handgun world.  However, I don't se me buying another Taurus again.  Just too many good manufacturers out there putting out quality products at an affordable price and providing better customer service.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent my 24/7 in & just received a new pt111.
Didn't want the gun but point blank gun shop would only give me $110 bucks on trade so I kept it.
Shot it and must admit I'm very impressed.  I'm shooting better with it than my glock 19 or 26 shoots dead on just needed to raise rear sight.
Ran over 100 rounds right out of the box no problems.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sent my 24/7 in & just received a new pt111.
Didn't want the gun but point blank gun shop would only give me $110 bucks on trade so I kept it.
Shot it and must admit I'm very impressed.  I'm shooting better with it than my glock 19 or 26 shoots dead on just needed to raise rear sight.
Ran over 100 rounds right out of the box no problems.
View Quote
So Taurus already replaced your gun under the recall? Did they just replace it for you out of the blue or did you get a call?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So Taurus already replaced your gun under the recall? Did they just replace it for you out of the blue or did you get a call?
View Quote
Yes under recall got a call and 2 weeks later at gunshop.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Friends dont let friends buy Taurus guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm planning to call Taurus tomorrow to see where my two guns are in the process.  It's been since mid-October, so I'd expect some sort of information or contact or something by now.  That's what I'm telling their customer service people...
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I sent in my Taurus 24/7 Pro DS to be inspected for repair/replacement, Thursday, week before last.
Fedex tracking shows that it was signed for and received last Monday.
I have receive absolutely no acknowledgement from Taurus that they have received the pistol or any status.
Will be calling their customer support tomorrow morning (Feb 5th) and will update as I get any information of status and will continue to update the process to completion.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sent in my Taurus 24/7 Pro DS to be inspected for repair/replacement, Thursday, week before last.
Fedex tracking shows that it was signed for and received last Monday.
I have receive absolutely no acknowledgement from Taurus that they have received the pistol or any status.
Will be calling their customer support tomorrow morning (Feb 5th) and will update as I get any information of status and will continue to update the process to completion.
View Quote
Sit back and enjoy the lonnnnnnnnngggggg wait.  They received mine on Nov. 1.  I called around Jan 10th to check the status since the 6-8 week time frame mentioned in the receipt letter had passed.  The CS rep said it would be now be 12 weeks for the inspection to be complete.  A follow-up call was made to Taurus on Feb. 2 and the CS rep told me the return period had not closed and there was no established time frame for the gun to be inspected, repaired, or replaced.  At that point (13 weeks) Taurus had not even looked at my gun according to the rep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top