Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2015 2:49:09 AM EDT
Howdy fellas, I'm looking to find a better grip for my taurus tracker .45acp and I am not finding many options.  
What do you guys have ( pics would be great) and where did you guys buy from?
I 'm leaning towards a good wooden pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It is going to be difficult finding wooden grips for it. I had an older 357 ss and could not find grips anywhere. The only grips I could find to fit were the rubber grips. I went to a bunch of gun shows,gun shops and pawn shops and was never able to see any. I am not sure why as the Taurus revolvers are pretty good. I am trying to find some for my 85 and still have no luck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
i've found a company called altamont and this off of ebay whick look promising and affordable( tracker from jaruwan.p | eBay )
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a set of Pachmayr G10 grips with an Amazon gift card for one of my Model 85s. I am not sure what exist for other models. I have  put these on both mine and a friends and they both required a strip of tape on the rear of the frame beneath the grip because the grips were just ever so slightly oversize.

Attachment Attached File

eta: the wooden grips make felt recoil a little more harsh than the standard rubber grips.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I usually buy Hogues from Optics Planet with a discount code.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a set of Pachmayr G10 grips with an Amazon gift card for one of my Model 85s. I am not sure what exist for other models. I have  put these on both mine and a friends and they both required a strip of tape on the rear of the frame beneath the grip because the grips were just ever so slightly oversize.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/116588/T85FS-122417F_jpg-787749.JPG

eta: the wooden grips make felt recoil a little more harsh than the standard rubber grips.
View Quote
Sharp looking gun!
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/116588/T85FS-122417F_jpg-787749.JPG

View Quote
Nice looking M85.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I had an older .357 mag, dont recall the model number, but I bought a set of grips for a S&W M66. I had to fit the grips but with a little effort they fit very nicely. This was 20 years ago. There are more aftermarket g rg ips made for Taurus revolvers now, like the Hogue wood grips.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.taurus-guru.com/taurus-455-tracker/accessories/grips
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top