Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 7:39:43 AM EDT
I am in the market for a tactical light for my pistol. I have used the Streamlight M-3 in the past and found that they work well. Anyone one have experience with the Springfield Armory XML lights?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
surefire
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
i have the X2L and it seems to be a nice light/laser
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
from what i understand the XML is not very durable and surefire is the way to go, if you are using this light for anything other than looking cool

diesel
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
from what i understand the XML is not very durable and surefire is the way to go, if you are using this light for anything other than looking cool

diesel

Well, I guess I've been looking cool for a couple of years and several handgunning classes then.

The XML is holding up fine. Easy to manipulate, plenty bright. However, it's really suited for use with compact weapons. If you're using a full size pistol (with rails I assume?), the M3 might suit the bill better for you.

Streamlight also recently came out with the TLR-1, similar to the M3 but with a LED buld assembly. Haven't got to play with one yet, but I'm planning on picking up one for my 5" XD.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I plan to use it on my Sig P220R, so it looks like the M-3 or something similar might be the way to go. I checked out the TLR-1 and that loooks pretty cool too. The Surefire lights are a bit out of my budget range at this point.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Check the M3X if you're sold on streamlight. It's a bit more that the M3, but from what I hear, well worth it. It is still lots less than the Surefires.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top