Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 4:02:15 PM EDT
I am looking for a Yaqui Slide holster for my Springfield 1911. The Inside Belt version I think would be uncomfortable.

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/./productimages/000985.medium.jpg

However this one looks like it would be a better fit. I have not used a paddle type holster, any thoughts on them?

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/pics/71895.jpg
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have this very holster, and it's pretty handy. Got it originally for my 1911 Loaded Micro Compact (Springfield). It works okay for that, but remember a good belt is a necessity. If wearing with jeans, watch where you place it, to keep the muzzel away from the rivets (scratches). I've worn this with my full size loaded 1911 as well, and the balance actually seems better there. It seems to fit my new Kimber Desert Warrior also, a big plus (the rail keeps it out of most holsters).

As to IWB being uncomfortable, I need to add another plug for the Milt Sparks VMII. Because of it, my Yaqui paddle is relegated for wear in times I am sure I'll need to remove the weapon prior to exiting my car. Also, it doesn't conceal anywhere near as easy (I need longer jackets, or at least to be careful how I move, even with the Micro). With the full size, the VM II still conceals great.

Hope this helps.
T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Flame away....I have no problem with my Fobus paddle for my g26.....been carrying with the two of 'em for years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Flame away....I have no problem with my Fobus paddle for my g26.....been carrying with the two of 'em for years.

No flame here. Got three of them. Worn occasionally with my G26, 17 and 19. BUT, after seeing the video, I am extra careful not to let them be seen. Also, they are simply not in the same league as the Galco Yaqui shown above. That paddle is far and away superior. Then again, it cost me almost as much as all three Fobus' combined........
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never seen a paddle holster that didn't require a jacket or unbuttoned loose shirt to conceal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the same Yaqui and paddle combo and it dosen't conceal well at all. Wanna buy mine? Cheap too. I'm serious
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I often wear an Uncle Mikes belt slide.  It keeps the gun tighter to the body than a paddle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i have the same Yaqui and paddle combo and it dosen't conceal well at all. Wanna buy mine? Cheap too. I'm serious

I am interested and sent you an email.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am looking for a Yaqui Slide holster for my Springfield 1911. The Inside Belt version I think would be uncomfortable.

www.gilbertsguns.com/./productimages/000985.medium.jpg

However this one looks like it would be a better fit. I have not used a paddle type holster, any thoughts on them?

www.internetguncatalog.com/pics/71895.jpg

___

It's a fine paddle holster.  I'm a medium-frame fellow, and with a good belt (not tight) the paddle is great for a small frame .45, and is excellent concealment under a  jacket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top