Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:17:25 AM EDT
I'm looking at possibly getting one of the Desantis SPeed Scabard holsters for my Colt Commander. Has anyone had any experience with these ? Or a general opionion of Desantis holsters? They seem pretty decent and the price seems fair?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:43:27 PM EDT
I haven't used the Speed Scabbard because I like a thumb break on my concealed holsters. I use two of their 001 Thumb break scabbards and love them. I've had one for 5yrs and it's well broken in, fits the gun like a glove and still does not collapse. For $40-$45 it's hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:11:20 PM EDT
Desantis is probably the best mass produced holster in the business. I have had several variations of the Speed Scabbard, but I personally prefer the Mini-Scabbard for my pistols. All of the desantis holsters I have owned have been of excellent quality, retained the firearm extremely well, and used a lot less leather to do it than Galco, who makes very nice holsters as well, but I find most of their models too thick! If you don't have or want to spend the extra $$'s on Sparks, Alessi, or other custom leather, you won't be disappointed in Desantis.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:52:07 AM EDT
Thanks for all the input. I really did'nt mind spending the money on a Milt SParks holster but it was the 12 week wait he gave me.
If I new it would be that long I would have ordered one months ago. I'm looking to start IDPA shooting and need one a little sooner so I figured I might try a Desantis.
Top Top