Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 8:43:54 AM EDT
Picked up my new Springfield 1911 yesterday, and am pretty pleased. Even happier today when I called around intending to order a Milt Sparks Versa Max II for it. Top Gun doesn't stock left handed. Lightning Arms does, and had one in stock (cowhide, cordovan). Very pleased, it's shipping today! Milt Sparks said wait was running 18 weeks.....

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! You sure are lucky on that. I like the MS cordovan color too. I also suggest the Milt Sparks belt to go with it. The MS belts fit their holsters very snug to provide an excellt hold.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I may take your advice on the belt. For now, I'v got a Wilderness Frequent Flyer in 3 stitch (Wilderness Coyote) that seems to do the job.

The holster got here today, and as I am wearing it, I find it incredible how comfortable it is! My new park'd SA Loaded feels smaller than my Micro Compact in the Galco Royal Guard!

It was incredibly tight at first (took two hands to withdraw the unloaded pistol the first two times!) but following the advice on Milt Sparks site, I drew several more times to determine if I need to "block" it. After 5 or so, it became manageable. After 50, while still not "smooth as silk", it is quite usable, and I suspect it will wear in a bit more with practice/wearing.

Thanks to the many, many Arfcommers who've sung (shouted?) the praises for this holster, convincing me I must try one. Hey, dozens of pistolero's in complete agreement can't be all wrong!

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You're carrying the same gun I am, in the same holster, just that you're wrong-handed. An excellent combo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
"Wrong handed?" Maybe, but at least I'm in my "right" mind   (it's a left brain/right brain thing...)

I somehow think we're not the only two Arfcommers carrying this combo. And I can certainly admit I was influenced by others here. Including yourself!

T Bone (Detroit).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top