Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 5:51:10 AM EDT
I find that I carry most often in the courier-type bag (attache) that I keep all my other stuff in.  It's been perfect here in Texas during the hot months when holster carry was too bulky for shorts and a t-shirt.  Now to the point.  I need a new bag.  One thing I dont like about my current bag (aside fromt he holes that I've worn in it) is that being a regular old bag, it has no provision for securing a pistol\mag and no secure yet fast and easily accessible compartment.  I know Blackhawk makes exactly what I'm looking for, but they want $89 for it.  I'm thinking maybe $50-$60 is a REASONABLE (those caps aimed at you Blackhawk) price.  I've done some seraching but can't seem to find anything similar offered by another company.  Can anybody point me to somebody that does?

Thanks

--ZERO
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Mr. Zero,

Have you also checked with Eagle and London Bridge Trading Company???
www.eagleindustries.com/
www.londonbridgetrading.com/

I personally have a Portfolios Plus all leather breifcase that has a hidden holster compartment that you can access from the outside when it's closed for the same use
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
also Bag Master makes one, the Defender Attache

www.bagmaster.com/
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.  Thanks BB!    I had looked at Bagmaster, but in my sleep-deprived haze last night didn't see that attache.  That's pretty much what I'm looking for and the price is about right.  The Eagle case is more expensive than the Blackhawk.  Bagmaster makes great stuff too.  I like to explore all my options though so if anybody finds anything else, please post.

--ZERO
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
One more, I just got an email from Galanti, they have one that's in their close-outs so check it out also.....

www.galatiinternational.com/product/closeouts/closeouts.html
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Bagmaster is Doody!

Spend the money and get a Wilderness.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bagmaster is Doody!

Spend the money and get a Wilderness.

A "Wilderness"?  Is this a brand?  Sorry for my ignorance.  I've enjoyed the Bagmaster stuff I've owned.

So the Galati bag is made of a PVC fabric, something Galati claims is a "clone of ballistic nylon".  I'm suspect of that claim.  Is PVC that realy shiny, flimsy stuff that some backpacking gear is made out of?  Anybody know exactly what it is or have any opinions on it?  The price is so good on the Galati bag that i'm really considering getting it, unless it's not going to last as long as some Cordura.

--ZERO
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I found Wilderness Tactical....not exactly what I'm looking for and way more than I want to pay.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Still, I really like to get an opinion on this PVC fabric stuff.  All the searches I do come back with rain gear or other waterproof stuff......I dont think that's what this Galati bag is made of exactly though.....I just want to know how it relates to bags or other cases (Galati uses this stuff in alot of their gun cases as well.)  Anybody?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
btt as a last ditch effort to find out some info on this PVC stuff\opinions on the bags....

--ZERO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top