Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 5:19:20 PM EDT
I have a Ruger SP101 .357 with a 2 1/4" barrel, and want to carry it on the ankle. I have been using a Galco Cop elastic band ankle holster, and it is working ok. I just want something a little nicer. The weight of the gun is not an issue for me as I am a Huge fat ass and wear baggy jeans (6'2 290 pounds) I'm leaning towards a Galco Ankle glove but wonder if there are more premium type ankle holsters out there? I know IWB carry is better, but my Browning HP resides there in a Milt Sparks VM II, the Ruger is for back up or carry when I'm too lazy to strap up the HP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It is quite expensive ($198) but I am holding out for a Kramer ankle holster.  
kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=1&categoryID=29

//Homer voice on// Mmmmmm sheeps wool... mmmmm //end voice//
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned a number of ankle holsters over the years.  I'm not generally a fan of Galco, but I have to admit that the ankle glove is the most comfortable I've worn.  I don't have one at the moment, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I owned a gun they made a holster for.

I'm currently using one from this guy:
http://www.klnullholsters.com/

The quality is excellent, and the fit to the gun is outstanding.  I think I like the neoprene and fleece of the galco for long term comfort a bit better, but it can be too warm if you're in a hot climate.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Galco for a G27. Have used it for years and love it. I use it as a back up carry gun. I also switch out between that and a Galco SOB holster.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd really recommend Alessi's Ankle holster.  I have one for my Colt Det. Special and it's very comfortable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Ankle Gloves are great and definately plus one for Alessi.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm very happy with my two Alessi's.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear a Galco Ankle Glove with a S&W 642 all day, everyday, and do not even know it is there.  Excellent holster for the money.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Mitch Rosen and I can recomend it very highly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top