Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 4:31:34 PM EDT
After looking on the glock post I saw a doctor optic mounted to a glock. Well I have been wanting to know about this sight and it's performance.  What's the shortest barrel length you can put it on?
I am about to take on a project gun and put one on it. I haven't seen many post on it and I wonder how well it would work on a home protection hand piece. Talk to me somebody.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
heres one on one of my 1911's milled in
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Docter mounted on my Sig/Hamerlii Trailside .22 (...had a Bushell Holosight on it before that).  

The Docter works great and looks great, but I find that I have to seach for the dot when first raising the gun to the target from the bench or low-ready position.  (I would think that IPSC/IDPA shooters using a Docter sight might have issues with this - - any comments from anyone using it in competition?)  

The Holosight to too huge and top-heavy for a pistol, but the Holosight dot is right there as the gun is raised.  BTW, my Docter has the 3.5 MOA dot, vice the 7.0 MOA one - - don't know if the bigger dot would be that much easier to initially pick up.

This one minor drawback notwithstanding, I like the Docter sight and don't regret getting/using it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top