Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2002 8:51:13 PM EDT
anyone use or tried one of the Clipdraw clips on their 1911's for ccw?

This looks interesting as you could clip it onto what ever you're wearing.  I have a DeSantis for wear with pants/belt, but sometimes that's not fesable.

www.clipdraw.com/
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
For me, these are not the best option because they mean that you either have the trigger exposed.  I prefer a holster that completely covers the trigger.  Once the clip is installed, then one must take it off before he or she can use another holster.  Also, I'd like it better if it had two, not just one, clips.  Again, just my preference.
I do have a buddy that loves his.  I think, though, that it's irritating to hear the little clip "buzz" as it vibrates for a second or two after he draws.  Minor.  Of course, I tried it on, didn't dislike it; but wasn't convinced that it was worthwhile for me.
They're relatively inexpensive ($20?), and may be worth a try, I dunno.  You know how it is with holsters. . .  
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:20:48 AM EDT
[#2]
They are about $10.00 with dealer pricing @ Brownell's  
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
$10?  Well, all the more reason to give it a shot.  Maybe you'll post a report?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top