BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IMO, the striker control device only solves the issue of shooting yourself while inserting the gun in the holster. This issue can also be solved by proper body posture and gun handling so that you never point the gun at yourself while inserting it, even when carrying AIWB.  When I holster my gun, I know that even if I do screw up and ND, the bullet will only poke a hole in my pants before it hits the ground.

The striker control device can't solve the issue of the trigger being actuated sometime after you have holstered and let go of the gun and are just going about you business by a garment or other object that you didn't notice was caught inside the holster. That issue is solved by AIWB carry allowing you to easily see inside the holster before inserting you gun.

AIWB is indeed the answer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, for Glock users, the answer is the Striker Control Device.

Gives you control over the striker like an exposed hammer does.

Now if you've got a phobia, nothing will help.

But for easy concealment, easy carry(easier on your back than OWB) a faaast concealment draw, a surreptitious concealment draw,

a draw you can access mounted, a draw that isn't telegraphed until your hand is on the gun and the ability to carry a full sized gun-1911,

Glock 34, Sig 226- under a T-shirt...

AIWB is the answer.

IMO, the striker control device only solves the issue of shooting yourself while inserting the gun in the holster. This issue can also be solved by proper body posture and gun handling so that you never point the gun at yourself while inserting it, even when carrying AIWB.  When I holster my gun, I know that even if I do screw up and ND, the bullet will only poke a hole in my pants before it hits the ground.

The striker control device can't solve the issue of the trigger being actuated sometime after you have holstered and let go of the gun and are just going about you business by a garment or other object that you didn't notice was caught inside the holster. That issue is solved by AIWB carry allowing you to easily see inside the holster before inserting you gun.

AIWB is indeed the answer.

The scd would then give you very positive feedback if there was something jammed in there hard enough after you reholstered. Pressing the scd stops the trigger. If something is in the holster it would either be pressed clear or the gun could not be holstered.

Its not an either or. Its a both. You may be very confident you reholster perfectly every time. You might. The scd is for that 1 in 1000 draw/reholster in a class when you hot and tired or that time you drew and fired for real and you're reholstering but you 2 year old is crying and you're trying to call 911.

Its along the same lines as having a second nurse check insulin. Looking at a syringe is easy. Untill its looked at at hour 15 of a 16hr shift after a dozen restraints and a suicide attempt. Then do the math, add carbs etc.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Again, for Glock users, the answer is the Striker Control Device.

Gives you control over the striker like an exposed hammer does.

Now if you've got a phobia, nothing will help.

But for easy concealment, easy carry(easier on your back than OWB) a faaast concealment draw, a surreptitious concealment draw,

a draw you can access mounted, a draw that isn't telegraphed until your hand is on the gun and the ability to carry a full sized gun-1911,

Glock 34, Sig 226- under a T-shirt...

AIWB is the answer.
View Quote

Been using a SCD on my carry G19 for years and I am advocate if you carry a Glock AIWB.  It adds an extra safety measure but you still need to be diligent when reholstering.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to like it.  I see the benefits...quicker draw, better protection of the weapon in a hands-on situation, less likely for clothing to unknowingly ride up.  I've tried it on multiple occasions and it works OK so long as I'm standing up.  But, I find it nearly impossible to sit down without the gun digging into me at multiple points.  I could lose a couple of pounds, but I'm not fat.  I normally carry IWB at 4:00 or so and I forget the gun is there, sitting, standing...doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want to like it.  I see the benefits...quicker draw, better protection of the weapon in a hands-on situation, less likely for clothing to unknowingly ride up.  I've tried it on multiple occasions and it works OK so long as I'm standing up.  But, I find it nearly impossible to sit down without the gun digging into me at multiple points.  I could lose a couple of pounds, but I'm not fat.  I normally carry IWB at 4:00 or so and I forget the gun is there, sitting, standing...doesn't matter.
View Quote

What gun/holster are you using?  I found the key is to carry something long, like G34 length, or at least use a holster that fits a long slide model like the G34 even if you are using a (compatible) gun with a shorter slide/barrel.  Appendix carry is weird like that; bigger guns are more comfy.  You want the tip of the holster far enough below the belt that the grip doesn't put too much leverage on it, and having more surface area helps reduce pressure as well.

The "Keel Principle" - Solve Printing, Poking, and Gun Tipping Out Over Belt | Appendix Carry Tips
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What gun/holster are you using?  I found the key is to carry something long, like G34 length, or at least use a holster that fits a long slide model like the G34 even if you are using a (compatible) gun with a shorter slide/barrel.  Appendix carry is weird like that; bigger guns are more comfy.  You want the tip of the holster far enough below the belt that the grip doesn't put too much leverage on it, and having more surface area helps reduce pressure as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wyoLTCWEeo
View Quote

Huh!  That’s pretty interesting and, makes sense!
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try it and loosen your belt a hair so the gun can ride up a hair when you sit down.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You couldn't pay me to do that with a loaded Glock.

Safe action trigger only goes so far.

View All Quotes
I have been carrying and using firearms for 35+ years. I have never had an ND. It's called speed draw. Not speed re-holster. Haha.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have been carrying and using firearms for 35+ years. I have never had an ND. It's called speed draw. Not speed re-holster. Haha.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sure, until you're on a situation outside of a range that warrants a quick reholster, and you've chosen the option that makes doing it safely very difficult.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sure, until you're on a situation outside of a range that warrants a quick reholster, and you've chosen the option that makes doing it safely very difficult.
View Quote
That's why you train. You have the same risk carrying at 3 o'clock or up front.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three o'clock makes it much easier to eyeball that there are no obstructions getting in that trigger well. Appendix not only makes this naturally harder, there's just more potential obstructions. But, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Three o'clock makes it much easier to eyeball that there are no obstructions getting in that trigger well. Appendix not only makes this naturally harder, there's just more potential obstructions. But, YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call me crazy, but I find it easier to look straight down and see my gun going in the unobstructed holster than it is to do the same at the 3:00 position.  

All you need to do is reject that the gun will magically fire while in a holster and you’ll ‘get it’.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Call me crazy, but I find it easier to look straight down and see my gun going in the unobstructed holster than it is to do the same at the 3:00 position.  

All you need to do is reject that the gun will magically fire while in a holster and you’ll ‘get it’.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, YMMV, but I carried appendix plenty, just won't do it with a gun with no mechanical safety.

Looking down tomre-holster, I was always navigating around a bunched up shirt, jacket "edges," various drawcords on certain types of coats, etc.

The easiest way to clear things out of the way was to pull pack and stand straight, which always negated getting a good look at what you were doing.

Everyone ultimately has to do their own risk assessment. But that has nothing to do with a gun firing in the holster. It has everything to do with the risk of returning the gun to the holster under "dynamic" conditions.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
The man with one testicle cares not. I'd lose my job if seen carrying appendix carry is the best way to keep it hidden. My job involve a lot of c,I Bing and crawling.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Again, YMMV, but I carried appendix plenty, just won't do it with a gun with no mechanical safety.

Looking down tomre-holster, I was always navigating around a bunched up shirt, jacket "edges," various drawcords on certain types of coats, etc.

The easiest way to clear things out of the way was to pull pack and stand straight, which always negated getting a good look at what you were doing.

Everyone ultimately has to do their own risk assessment. But that has nothing to do with a gun firing in the holster. It has everything to do with the risk of returning the gun to the holster under "dynamic" conditions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And.  Again.

All of that is so much easier to do when looking straight down and not off to the side.

It's funny how everyone gives the thumbs up to training for every other carry method besides appendix, isn't it ?

Well, at least you aren't afraid of a holstered gun going off unlike others who post in these threads.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Ive carried all kinds of ways over the years, and after trying appendix I’ll never go back.  Tier 1 for my 43x is barely noticeable and with the ulticlip you can wear it with gym shorts and no belt.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The man with one testicle cares not. I'd lose my job if seen carrying appendix carry is the best way to keep it hidden. My job involve a lot of c,I Bing and crawling.
View Quote

That's the beauty of Appendix carry.  No one sees the gun unless I want them to see it.

I build decks for living right now and carry 24/7/365.  Lot's of time on ladders and crawling under decks being built a couple feet off the ground.

I have been carrying this way since 2009.

All while dirt-biking, climbing trees for deer hunting, snow skiing, kitchen/bathroom remodels, golf, running 5K's, attending weddings and funerals wearing a suit....

If I'm standing and not in the gym or in the shower, I'm appendix carrying.  Hell, I've even slept on the couch with this rig.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I struggled with AIWB for years but stuck with it, spent a lot of money trying different guns in different holsters and belts.

Finally tried an ANR Design appendix rig with the claw and I'm hooked. That holster with a Nexbelt appendix EDC belt (the buckle is very narrow to allow more space for holster clip) is an incredible setup. Ive been carrying an M&P compact 2.0 with 17 round mags and I couldn't be happier. I recently ordered one for my Shield and HK USPc as well. I imagine the Shield in that holster is going to be great.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's the beauty of Appendix carry.  No one sees the gun unless I want them to see it.

I build decks for living right now and carry 24/7/365.  Lot's of time on ladders and crawling under decks being built a couple feet off the ground.

All while dirt-biking, climbing trees for deer hunting, snow skiing, kitchen/bathroom remodels, golf, running 5K's, attending weddings and funerals wearing a suit....

If I'm standing and not in the gym or in the shower, I'm appendix carrying.  Hell, I've even slept on the couch with this rig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a huge advantage.

Most men's fashion is designed to conceal a gut. This has a happy side effect of making a print situation very unlikely.

I miss that era about a decade ago when every other goober was carrying a big belt holster for their cell phone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Most men's fashion is designed to conceal a gut. This has a happy side effect of making a print situation very unlikely.

I miss that era about a decade ago when every other goober was carrying a big belt holster for their cell phone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted a few pics earlier in this thread.

I don't have a gut.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't have a gut.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a gut.  

Having a gut actually makes appendix carry harder.

At worst, appendix carry might make it look like you have a bit of one, when you don't.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I appendix carry an HK VP9 daily in a leather holster. I make my own leather holsters which stay as rigid as kydex, and very comfortable since I design them for function, safety and comfort.

The benefits of knowing how to roll your own.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the conditions are still "dynamic", why would you be reholstering.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have to go hands on?

In my career I had my gun out majority of the time and then had to go hands on.

Yes, I realize, we’re talking CC here, but there’s really no difference except the frequency of times that it is done.

It’s kind of like the people that only shoot their firearms at 7 yards, because that’s the “average “.

Train for what’s not average, because it’s not “average” for the every day CCer to get in a violent confrontation, but it happens. At times, more than 7 yards!
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I get AIWB, and the advantages, but it’s just not for me.  I find it extremely uncomfortable to have anything pressing against my lower midsection.  I’ve carried in every other way imaginable, and made it work, but this is just not one of them.  
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might need both of your hands to be free.  There is no prize for speed reholstering, but being able to secure your weapon fairly quickly to drive a car, pull someone to safety, pull yourself over obstacles, render aid, go hands on, or just not having a gun in your hand, etc. are all possible considerations.  People get some kind of an idea, based on movies or whatever, about what their possible armed violent encounter might go like.  But they look only at statistics and documented incidents that confirm their own bias.  Reality is that a tiny fraction of people that carry a gun in civilian clothes will have to ever draw it outside of a range.  Out of those that do, even a smaller fraction will fire it.  And incidents in which guns aren’t shot hardly make it on YouTube channels.

IMO, having a gun in one hand, while removing the holster from inside the pants, and the clip(s) around the belt with the other, before you can return the gun to the holster, followed by the holster back into the pants, and clips back around the belt, is a poor plan.  Regardless of where or how you carry your gun.  Plenty of people carry AIWB and train to safely and quickly reholster, without having to undress.  And plenty of others that carry OWB strong side do stupid crap, like use the muzzle, pointed 45 deg at their hip to “find” the holster.  Muzzle and trigger discipline and decent training make someone safe, not necessarily the position of the gun when carried.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can’t see your own belt line right in front of you?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

What would cause someone to “quick reholster?”

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Running with a 2 year old under your arm while your reaching for your keys.

Thats one example that took my 3 seconds to think of
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son getting injured and needing to give aid.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The very act of looking down tends to cause tucked-in in clothes to bunch up, and any open jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. tend to flop around all over up front. You're also looking straight down, making it potentially harder to notice something

I personally find it much easier to clear such things and get a solid view of the re-holstering process when it's carried strong side behind the hip. The very twists I do to look tend to tighten / clear obstructions naturally.

Again, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That should be done once the threat is no more.

Once that’s accomplished then you can calmly holster your pistola and sort out the wounded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The very act of looking down tends to cause tucked-in in clothes to bunch up, and any open jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. tend to flop around all over up front. You're also looking straight down, making it potentially harder to notice something

I personally find it much easier to clear such things and get a solid view of the re-holstering process when it's carried strong side behind the hip. The very twists I do to look tend to tighten / clear obstructions naturally.

Again, YMMV.
View Quote

Easily handled by grabbing the clothing in your off hand and pulling it up to reholster, the same way the pistol was drawn.

You are over thinking this.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That should be done once the threat is no more.

Once that’s accomplished then you can calmly holster your pistola and sort out the wounded.
View Quote

This. The first rule of TCCC is kill the bad guy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Appendix carry is the new hot carry method. If it works for someone more power to them.

I carry strongside IWB, it's what I've practiced for years and it works for me. When I retire and don't need to conceal as much I'll switch to strongside OWB.  I don't carry appendix primarily because I like strongside carry and prefer it. Also being older I pee a lot anymore and I like to keep that area of my pants uncluttered.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#37]
It's not new to those who've been around a while.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Just like sex with real women, Appendix carry is not for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

New is a relative term, I've been around more than 6 decades and around guns more than 4 decades and appendix carry was not a popular "thing" back in the day. Go back and look at all the old holster maker catalogs from back then and you don't see much if any appendix carry.

Kydex revolutionized the holster industry and made many new designs of holsters and carry methods more popular and possible. Prior to that most of the appendix carry I saw was shoving a 1911 down the front of your pants. Concealed carry legislation becoming law in most states starting in the 90's also was a boost to holster makers and gun manufacturers who started developing new models of smaller pistols and the holsters to carry them.

I have nothing bad to say about appendix carry. It is the new hot carry method given all the youtube videos on it in recent years and given the plethora of holsters offered by more and more manufacturers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#40]
semantics.

I'm not getting into it.

Appendix carry has been around a long time and just because it hasn't been popular with the Military and Police, doesn't mean it's even remotely inferior.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#41]
As others have noted, I’ve tried appendix carry but I can’t see how people do it.

I’m a farmhand, and so nobody cares if I carry.  In fact, I’ve been asked to use my pistol on the farm for taking care of animals in grain bins and such (nice to have a pistol mounted light in a noisy, dark, and very dusty environment).

But sitting in a tractor/pickup appendix is uncomfortable.
Bending over is uncomfortable.  
And if you pee standing up, I’m at a loss of what to do with the 2 pounds of gun pulling my pants down and swinging out at the same time.

IWB strong side has been consistently superior for me.  But honestly, I wish I could make appendix work. It seems like it’s the most concealable by far.  I try again about once a year.  Never works.  I’ve only worked through about 3 holsters though, and never a Tier 1 or Trex arms.  I’ll check those out.

Who else makes a good AIWB for an M9A3 with a light?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm a 6'0 250 fatty.  Hated until the right holster and belt.  Now thats how i edc.

Blue alpha gear belt.  I think its called the minimalist.   Huckleberry tactical holster.

Carry a 320rx compact.  Even the optic doesnt bother me.

As a poster above said though, i holster the gun before putting it on.

Only time i really even notice it is when bending over.  Like bottom shelf at the store bending over.

It is all about the gear.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

New is a relative term, I've been around more than 6 decades and around guns more than 4 decades and appendix carry was not a popular "thing" back in the day. Go back and look at all the old holster maker catalogs from back then and you don't see much if any appendix carry.

Kydex revolutionized the holster industry and made many new designs of holsters and carry methods more popular and possible. Prior to that most of the appendix carry I saw was shoving a 1911 down the front of your pants. Concealed carry legislation becoming law in most states starting in the 90's also was a boost to holster makers and gun manufacturers who started developing new models of smaller pistols and the holsters to carry them.

I have nothing bad to say about appendix carry. It is the new hot carry method given all the youtube videos on it in recent years and given the plethora of holsters offered by more and more manufacturers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Miami Vice Jim Zubiena Mozambique drill scene

Fwiw Im 36. Ive shot with people who've carried aiwb longer than Ive been alive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
As others have noted, I’ve tried appendix carry but I can’t see how people do it.

I’m a farmhand, and so nobody cares if I carry.  In fact, I’ve been asked to use my pistol on the farm for taking care of animals in grain bins and such (nice to have a pistol mounted light in a noisy, dark, and very dusty environment).

And if you pee standing up, I’m at a loss of what to do with the 2 pounds of gun pulling my pants down and swinging out at the same time.

IWB strong side has been consistently superior for me.  But honestly, I wish I could make appendix work. It seems like it’s the most concealable by far.  I try again about once a year.  Never works.  I’ve only worked through about 3 holsters though, and never a Tier 1 or Trex arms.  I’ll check those out.

View Quote

Just pee out of your fly and that particular problem goes away. Who tf pees like you described anyway?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Again, YMMV.
View Quote

You honestly are making the argument that it’s easier to see your holster twisting your body and head past 90° to your side rather than straight down?

I hear a lot of mental gymnastics as to why AIWB is a bad idea but that’s a new one on me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I pull my dick out of the fly of my pants and urinate like a normal human being.

WTF?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't imagine touching off a round inside a grain bin.

I don't think you understand how zippers work while peeing
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I can't imagine touching off a round inside a grain bin.

I don't think you understand how zippers work while peeing
View Quote

I threw in ear plugs because we were operating a Grain Vac anyway. No big deal there.

As for peeing, it’s easier to just open your pants than fish through your zipper, then fish through your underwear fly.  Convenience is all it is.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is nice to have a good EDC light.  I use it A LOT more than my gun !  LOL.  It'd be nice to get a WML set up though.

I'm thankful I started out with a smartcarry holster.  I liked everything about that set up except reholstering and the draw wasn't as quick as getting the gun positioned higher.  I did have to modify it because back then they only made the holster for a gun AND a reload - side by side.  Way too wide !

It took probably two full weeks of carrying up front like that to get used to appendix carry and I wore through two of those holsters before deciding I wanted to try something attached to my pants.
Bought a CompTac Hybrid with clips and a 'gun' belt.  511 with nylon insert.  Wore it on the side like all the cool kids.

Total pain in the ass to deal with throughout the day - gun and reloads sticking in each side ESPECIALLY while sitting - and it was no where near concealed like the smartcarry.  Reholstering was nice though and I liked that for training.

The smartcarry and the belly band holsters didn't need a stiff belt to keep the gun secure, so I took the kydex off the leather and made my own leather that uses belt slots set up for zero cant and slipped a nylon strap with buckles though the slots so the strap went in front of the holster and not behind it.  I used to use some sort of velcro belt, but they are $10 and are much thicker than what I find at wally world for $3.

Done.

No clips showing.  No dealing with the gymnastics of trying to tuck a shirt with clips on a belt.  Change pants while the gun stays on my waist.  Same with in the bathroom for a #2.

Reloads are in my pocket and not on the waist and reholstering is a breeze.  I can talk to customers, attend meetings, stand in line next to a cop in complete comfort knowing that if they don't like me carrying - I'll never have to deal with an issue THEY would raise.
If I needed to be in scrubs, I'd feel comfortable with this set up so I could carry all day at work too.  Hell, I've ran 5K's with this set up among hundreds of Nancys, kids, cops, etc.

I used to bounce back and forth between this with an M&P 9c and a Shield in a modified 3SpeedHolster, but I haven't carried the Shield in more than a year.  Maybe two.

You may never get used to appendix carry, just like I couldn't get comfortable with carrying on the hip.  And I wore out that 511 belt trying to like it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#50]
"Fwiw Im 36. Ive shot with people who've carried aiwb longer than Ive been alive."

Well, I'm in my sixties and I've shot with people who carried appendix too in the past. Never said it was just invented. Said it was not as popular then as it is now in recent years. Guess I've been mislead by all the videos on youtube extolling appendix carry and all the posts on gun forums about appendix carry into thinking that somehow it wasn't as common or popular in years past as it is today. As I've said I've got nothing bad to say about appendix carry. If it works for you or others then that's great. I prefer strongside carry, not because it's better or worse than appendix carry, but because it works for me. I was evidently deluded back then too as most of my instructors and mentors all seemed to extoll and practice strong side OWB or IWB carry.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top