Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
My 508T is a few degrees counterclockwise as well but since I don't use the circle recticle, it doesn't really matter to me. I've only put a couple hundred through mine with just the dot on, though...
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine looks canted... but when I use my other eye it looks canted in the other direction. I think my brain is canted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine looks canted... but when I use my other eye it looks canted in the other direction. I think my brain is canted.
View Quote
The reason I was able to see the cant in mine is because the shotgun it was on (Beretta 1301 Tactical) has a front sight that made the cant obvious. If it just had a bead sight I doubt I would have noticed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Well my 507c-gr failed on it's first trip to the range today.  Worked for about 3 mags then the reticle disappeared after I sat it down to reload.  Turned it back on shot one more mag and set it down.  Reticle gone and wouldn''t shake awake.  Turned it on again it remembered the setting it switched to bright.  Worked for another mag and went dark again.  Got home removed it cleaned battery and batter compartment with alchohol and reinstalled.  Turned it on reticle appeared for about 30 seconds then disappeared.  It's on a Tanfoglio Witness Pro 10mm slide melt.

Called warranty department and got "mailbox full' after it told me to leave a message.  I then went to the website and filled out the form pressed send got "Failure try again later".  Sooooo I sent them and email we will see what happens.   NOT happy so far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
In HoloSun's defense, this is a really, really shitty time to be trying to contact anyone at any business, let alone a Chinese one. Give them some time before blowing up at them, is all I could suggest.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Totally different experience with Burris.  Kudos to them for their responses.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well my 507c-gr failed on it's first trip to the range today.  Worked for about 3 mags then the reticle disappeared after I sat it down to reload.  Turned it back on shot one more mag and set it down.  Reticle gone and wouldn''t shake awake.  Turned it on again it remembered the setting it switched to bright.  Worked for another mag and went dark again.  Got home removed it cleaned battery and batter compartment with alchohol and reinstalled.  Turned it on reticle appeared for about 30 seconds then disappeared.  It's on a Tanfoglio Witness Pro 10mm slide melt.

Called warranty department and got "mailbox full' after it told me to leave a message.  I then went to the website and filled out the form pressed send got "Failure try again later".  Sooooo I sent them and email we will see what happens.   NOT happy so far.
View Quote

Try a new, quality battery.  You shouldn’t have to replace the battery on a new RDS, but who knows what it came with, or how long that battery has been sitting in a warehouse.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
You tried to contact Burris in the last couple of days? And got a human, RMA, etc?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In HoloSun's defense, this is a really, really shitty time to be trying to contact anyone at any business, let alone a Chinese one. Give them some time before blowing up at them, is all I could suggest.
View Quote

I think it's completely unreasonable to expect business as usual from any company right now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Got an email from them yesterday evening suggesting the battery change.  If that didn't work email them for a return order and they have a replacement in about a week.  What caused concern was the website rejection and the "mailbox full"
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got an email from them yesterday evening suggesting the battery change.  If that didn't work email them for a return order and they have a replacement in about a week.  What caused concern was the website rejection and the "mailbox full"
View Quote

Did the battery swap fix your problem? I've heard from multiple sources that you should only really use Duracell batteries in any slide-mounted optics, because even Energizer and Sony batteries tend to shit the bed under that type of stress.

Also curious, did the guy who sent his 508T in off his 1301 wound up getting the 508T v2 yet?
Is there a definitive date for the release yet?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did the battery swap fix your problem? I've heard from multiple sources that you should only really use Duracell batteries in any slide-mounted optics, because even Energizer and Sony batteries tend to shit the bed under that type of stress.

Also curious, did the guy who sent his 508T in off his 1301 wound up getting the 508T v2 yet?
Is there a definitive date for the release yet?
View Quote

Had a similar issue with a 407 and a 507. Battery changes (Duracell or otherwise) did NOT solve the problem. Issue just resurfaced a range visit or two later, or even with just dry firing. I initiated a warranty repair (don’t even bother with their website, just send a direct email) and they’re sending me a replacement instead. Sent my broken one (they sent me a prepaid label fwiw) in at the beginning of March just before everything started going full lockdown with the virus. Admittedly not the best time to send something in for warranty review. I was quoted about 3-4 weeks for a replacement as they were waiting on a shipment of V2’s. Replacement should be here today in fact. They’ve still got a ways to go in terms of making the warranty process painless for the customer, but in the end I’m getting a new V2 with no cost to me.

I already own a V2 and I think the new side loading battery tray is a much better design. Can’t overtighten it and screw up the battery contacts like you can with the V1. Well we’ll see how the V2 fares in the coming months as they become more widespread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#13]
What sights are you glock people using to 1/3 co witness with the 507c on a milled slide not MOS?
GL-429? (.394 rear and .315 front)
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What sights are you glock people using to 1/3 co witness with the 507c on a milled slide not MOS?
GL-429? (.394 rear and .315 front)
View Quote

I use XS F8s on a brownells slide.  They won’t be tall enough for all slides, though.  Brownells are cut as deep as it looks like they can be.  I believe Zev slides are also cut to the same depth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#15]
HS508T Gen2 review by everybody's favorite reviewer (SageDynamics) posted at the bottom of the OP!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I havent seen a real difference between my Sony and Duracells.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a 507, brand new, the reticle was canted, sent it back.  Waited 2+ months for a replacement, it's fine I get it, coronavirus, wasnt mad. They upgraded me to a 508t V2, I appreciated that.  Now I've got a 508t V2, I've just been carrying it in my holster and where the side of the soptic contacts my undershirt, the finish has already worn off exposing bare metal.  The reticle will randomly step down significantly in brightness as well, usually a couple seconds after a draw.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had a 507, brand new, the reticle was canted, sent it back.  Waited 2+ months for a replacement, it's fine I get it, coronavirus, wasnt mad. They upgraded me to a 508t V2, I appreciated that.  Now I've got a 508t V2, I've just been carrying it in my holster and where the side of the soptic contacts my undershirt, the finish has already worn off exposing bare metal.  The reticle will randomly step down significantly in brightness as well, usually a couple seconds after a draw.
View Quote

Is it on manual or auto when you are getting the dimming? Can you post pics of the finish?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#19]
This is just from rubbing against my under shirt. It's not contacting kydex at all.

https://ibb.co/d4qznSh

The finish also comes off on my thumb.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is just from rubbing against my under shirt. It's not contacting kydex at all.

View Quote

That's not good. Have you contacted Holosun?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea. Just filled out an rma. Bummed again. Thought my pistol build was over. Been waiting months for this to be done.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

What the hell is your shirt and thumb made of?! Haha That isn't right at all
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
It's weird, those look like little dings or scratches but they rub right off. Along with the finish.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disappointing after seeing the favorable review in the OP
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is it on manual or auto when you are getting the dimming? Can you post pics of the finish?
View Quote

It was on auto, my fault I switched it to manual.  I am really loving the 508tv2, the reticle options are sick.  The controls are sick.   I just wish it had a better finish.  As long as this doesnt make it rust I will be ok with it.  I dont wanna be without out, especially the way things are.  Gonna keep it and deal with it.  Maybe I can have it cerakote or something later.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Stinkfoot09:

It was on auto, my fault I switched it to manual.  I am really loving the 508tv2, the reticle options are sick.  The controls are sick.   I just wish it had a better finish.  As long as this doesnt make it rust I will be ok with it.  I dont wanna be without out, especially the way things are.  Gonna keep it and deal with it.  Maybe I can have it cerakote or something later.
View Quote

It's titanium, so rust shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#27]
The manual for my 508t V2 says counterclockwise raises the dot as does the body of the rds but actually that's wrong, turning it clockwise raises the reticle and I confirmed this today when zeroing.  Not a big deal to me, it's a nice sight and I've accepted the finish wear because I know I'll beat it up in training anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Stinkfoot09:
The manual for my 508t V2 says counterclockwise raises the dot as does the body of the rds but actually that's wrong, turning it clockwise raises the reticle and I confirmed this today when zeroing.  Not a big deal to me, it's a nice sight and I've accepted the finish wear because I know I'll beat it up in training anyway.
View Quote

It probably meant raises "impact" (which would be a lower dot).
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Sniff, sniff... Something stinks!
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top