Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, since everyone seems to be lamenting the end of the Phantom (and I am a big Phantom fan), who is a good alternative? Bravo is out for me as they no longer make any left handed stuff and I find myself needing a Phantom stylecG19 holster.
View Quote
Excellent phantom replacement

If you want a replacement for a Phantom worn IWB then here’s your ticket-

Right here
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea on when you'll have one to fit the 5" core,x300 W/RMR?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just need to know when I can order a Perun for my 1911's.

I do miss the old days when I could call and shoot the shit to order my holsters.
View Quote
This....Waiting for the Perun for my 1911's as well.....I like them well enough for my Glocks.

Good seeing you guys (RC) up at OTOA back in June.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Excellent phantom replacement

If you want a replacement for a Phantom worn IWB then here’s your ticket-

Right here
View Quote
That's funny.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, since everyone seems to be lamenting the end of the Phantom (and I am a big Phantom fan), who is a good alternative? Bravo is out for me as they no longer make any left handed stuff and I find myself needing a Phantom stylecG19 holster.
View Quote
Pancake holsters have mostly been phased out. Typically for the reasons Michael mentioned.

JM and a few others still make them, because people buy them. Most of those people haven't tried other holsters and just want what they want.

Before you go off buying a Phantom clone, try out something new. It doesn't even have to be from RCS. PHLster, Henry, Dark Star Gear, and many others are making quality holsters.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's funny.
View Quote
What’s so funny? I mean other then what appears to be your man crush and blind devotion to RCS? Three pages of you telling everyone they are wrong and should embrace a product they are not interested in is getting a bit old.
Pancake holsters are being phased out? Really? I’m not sure how to break it to you but just because RCS doesn’t make them any longer doesn’t make them phased out.
I used nothing but Phantoms for years and I can tell you that both of the products I linked to are on par if not better then the original RCS phantom. I can say that after having carried Phantoms both OWB and IWB for thousands of hours over a decade. I’ve said I wish nothing but success for Raven but I, like others, have tried their new products and they do not fit our needs so we have gone elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What’s so funny? I mean other then what appears to be your man crush and blind devotion to RCS? Three pages of you telling everyone they are wrong and should embrace a product they are not interested in is getting a bit old.
Pancake holsters are being phased out? Really? I’m not sure how to break it to you but just because RCS doesn’t make them any longer doesn’t make them phased out.
I used nothing but Phantoms for years and I can tell you that both of the products I linked to are on par if not better then the original RCS phantom. I can say that after having carried Phantoms both OWB and IWB for thousands of hours over a decade. I’ve said I wish nothing but success for Raven but I, like others, have tried their new products and they do not fit our needs so we have gone elsewhere.
View Quote
Holy shit I probably have over 20,000 hours on my 17l and phantom.... Who would have thought.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pancake holsters have mostly been phased out. Typically for the reasons Michael mentioned.
View Quote
You either have a serious man crush on RCS or you are in some way vested in their success. Which is it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You either have a serious man crush on RCS or you are in some way vested in their success. Which is it?
View Quote
I have no ties to RCS. I actually made a few memes and a video bashing RCS about the Perun when I first received mine. Michael was there to help me out and resolved the issue I was having (due to operator error). It's a good holster. I'm just enjoying these fuddy duddy types getting pissed off that the holster isn't made for their obscure choice in firearms, and that their beloved pancake holster is no more. Michael came on here and went well beyond what most would do to explain their reasoning for product replacement.

The OP asked why it was discontinued. Michael came on here and answered that question. Since then, it has been a bunch of grown men crying that their favorite holster is no more. Kind of like how the libs get pissy that guns aren't banned yet. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's funny, because it's double the cost of a Perun, cannot be adjusted for cant, and is much larger.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Deleted as this is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Deleted as this is a waste of time.
View Quote
It sure has become that hasn’t it. Time to hit the unsubscribe button on this one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have no ties to RCS. I actually made a few memes and a video bashing RCS about the Perun when I first received mine. Michael was there to help me out and resolved the issue I was having (due to operator error). It's a good holster. I'm just enjoying these fuddy duddy types getting pissed off that the holster isn't made for their obscure choice in firearms, and that their beloved pancake holster is no more. Michael came on here and went well beyond what most would do to explain their reasoning for product replacement.

The OP asked why it was discontinued. Michael came on here and answered that question. Since then, it has been a bunch of grown men crying that their favorite holster is no more. Kind of like how the libs get pissy that guns aren't banned yet. Deal with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So every gun besides a Glock is obscure?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#14]
s
Quoted:

View Quote
This tells me you didn't read much into the firearms the Perun is soon to be released for.

A 17L is pretty obscure.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I always liked the Phantoms and have owned a bunch over the years. Still use one anytime I carry a 17/19 OWB. This thread made me go look at the OWB RCS is making now.

Zero interest. One big reason is they look like a Fobus clone. I'm sure they are better designed and manufactured but aesthetics are a thing with consumer products.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
sThis tells me you didn't read much into the firearms the Perun is soon to be released for.

A 17L is pretty obscure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
s
Quoted:

This tells me you didn't read much into the firearms the Perun is soon to be released for.

A 17L is pretty obscure.
You said
"I'm just enjoying these fuddy duddy types getting pissed off that the holster isn't made for their obscure choice in firearms"

You said nothing about what may be made in the future. You used present tense.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You said
"I'm just enjoying these fuddy duddy types getting pissed off that the holster isn't made for their obscure choice in firearms"

View Quote
Once again...

"This tells me you didn't read much into the firearms the Perun is soon to be released for."
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, it looks like RCS has released some contract overruns. If you need a Phantom for a G26 or G19 now is the time. Prices are double of what deals like this in the past had run.

S/F

A
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#19]
https://rcsgear.com/holsters/
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, and...………...ordered.

For those Glock owners that are bitchin', money talks.

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Prices on new deal suck. Very disappointed in RCS. But they sure are happy to push the "collector" angle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Saw the “ deals” in the email last night. I’ll pass. I’ve moved on.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saw the “ deals” in the email last night. I’ll pass. I’ve moved on.
View Quote
Got a jm customs kydex coming, I'll wait.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, it looks like RCS has released some contract overruns. If you need a Phantom for a G26 or G19 now is the time. Prices are double of what deals like this in the past had run.

S/F

A
View Quote
Overpriced
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Once again...

"This tells me you didn't read much into the firearms the Perun is soon to be released for."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said

Once again...

Great, offer stuff in the future. Lose sales today.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#26]
In my opinion the Bravo Concealment Light Bearing holster is superior to Raven.

It has better retention than the Raven and also has a slimmer profile. I like the ravens angled belt loops but thats the only advantage I can recognize on the Raven now that I have my Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In my opinion the Bravo Concealment Light Bearing holster is superior to Raven.

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Bravo-Concealment-Holster-28.jpg

It has better retention than the Raven and also has a slimmer profile. I like the ravens angled belt loops but thats the only advantage I can recognize on the Raven now that I have my Bravo.
View Quote
Except those effers don't make left handed holsters anymore.

Speaking of which, I see Raven is no longer offering their legacy mag carriers, which are my favorite. Eff!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#28]
So I never knew that Raven were the progenitors of the common kydex holster design you see everywhere. Kinda sucks that you have such a good design and every holster maker out there runs with it. Funny enough, I was shopping for holsters and I see this on Bravo Concealment's site.

Injection molded and has the exact same style of retention adjustment as the Perun. I guess I know Bravo's business model.

I ordered a Perun to give it a shot. I'm not a real fan of the wings up top but if I really don't like it I'm going to remove one or both.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Bravo uses a thinner kydex much like material RCS used in the beginning. RCS made and still makes (sometimes) the best kydex product on the market. Their quality of product has proven to be the industry standard. They willmake the kydex runs periodically I imagine.

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Prices on new deal suck. Very disappointed in RCS. But they sure are happy to push the "collector" angle.
View Quote
I'm curious how the prices "suck?"

Prior to being discontinued, the Phantom cost $94.99, and the Phantom LC cost $104.99.

Bundles #1 and #2 are priced just like they always were before we discontinued the Phantom.

Bundles #3 and #4 are discounted $30 and $50, respectively.

I think it's funny how -- on a thread about how pissed everyone is super pissed that we discontinued the Phantom -- I am now being criticized for making a batch of Phantoms available, apparently because I'm not giving them away?

If you want to have something to put your Glock in but don't want to pay $95 for a government contract overrun, may I suggest a Perun?  It costs almost 60% less than the Phantoms in these bundles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm curious how the prices "suck?"

Prior to being discontinued, the Phantom cost $94.99, and the Phantom LC cost $104.99.

Bundles #1 and #2 are priced just like they always were before we discontinued the Phantom.

Bundles #3 and #4 are discounted $30 and

I think it's funny how -- on a thread about how pissed everyone is super pissed that we discontinued the Phantom -- I am now being criticized for making a batch of Phantoms available, apparently because I'm not giving them away?

If you want to have something to put your Glock in but don't want to pay $95 for a government contract overrun, may I suggest a Perun?  It costs almost 60% less than the Phantoms in these bundles.
View Quote
Oh good, you’re still here!

Can you lend some insight into why you went with a “slider” style tensioning system with the Perun instead of a standard single screw hole like many other holsters? Is it because of the injection molding material or is it just a better system?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Nvm
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been carrying a light bearing perun for a while now. My only complaint is that it could ride a touch higher. Otherwise it's an excellent product for a great price.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#34]
@Michael_Goerlich

When do I get a 1911 Perun?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Overpriced
View Quote
The only reason I made a remark about price on this batch is that I lucked out on an RCS contract overrun in 2012 for an all desert earth kydex G19 w/single mag carrier at a laughably low price for the combo. Quantity was very low on that one and it was under $100 if I recall correctly. Sold out in a couple hours.

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@Michael_Goerlich

When do I get a 1911 Perun?
View Quote
Fobus.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Disregard they made it right
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a light bearing perun for a while now. My only complaint is that it could ride a touch higher. Otherwise it's an excellent product for a great price.
View Quote
How’s your retention? I have my Glock/X300U tightened down as much as I can and the pistol/light will fall out if I turn it upside down and jiggle it at all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How’s your retention? I have my Glock/X300U tightened down as much as I can and the pistol/light will fall out if I turn it upside down and jiggle it at all.
View Quote
Read the manual.

I had the same issue until I contacted RCS and advised what to do and where to find it in the manual.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Solid click in and out on mine. I wouldn’t sing the praises of that were the case

Possibly a defect or a light on the edge of its tolerances that it isn’t playing nice with the holster?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Read the manual.

I had the same issue until I contacted RCS and advised what to do and where to find it in the manual.
View Quote
I couldn’t find my manual to save my life. What are you referring to specifically?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I've been a long time Phantom user and love the holster.  After reading this thread, I decided to buy one of the new Perun holsters and compare for myself.  The holster seems well made, fits the gun well, the adjustable tension works, and overall I'd say it's a good holster.  The only minor gripe I have is the 10% or 0% cant take it or leave it.  I setup my Phantom with a little more cant which seems to keep the gun closer especially when bending forward.  Other then that, I approve of the change.  The price point is much better for sure.  I received mine within 3 days of ordering.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I couldn’t find my manual to save my life. What are you referring to specifically?
View Quote
If you remove the retention screw and post completely, there should be a washer sandwiched in between the holster halves.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you remove the retention screw and post completely, there should be a washer sandwiched in between the holster halves.
View Quote
No washer on mine. I’m confused.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s not in the manual anywhere. I adjusted it towards the max setting as per the manual before I posted. I took the screw and post out (even though my manual says not to) and found no washer in between the halves. I’ve also tried both my X300Us and neither worked right.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I guess I’ll email RCS Monday.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone know why the Perum for the tlr7/8 is no longer on Ravens website?  I bought one when they first came out and went to buy another and they are not listed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That’s not in the manual anywhere. I adjusted it towards the max setting as per the manual before I posted. I took the screw and post out (even though my manual says not to) and found no washer in between the halves. I’ve also tried both my X300Us and neither worked right.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/0BDF46B3-FE89-4ACF-AA36-9AD9DEB7C9E0_jpeg-756658.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/9664B315-7C73-4F7E-BB37-C2074E0717A2_jpeg-756661.JPG

View Quote
Yea, that's odd.

The washer is shown in this picture. I had to remove it from my TLR-1 Perun LC due to poor fit. Once I removed it, I could get the retention so tight the gun will not want to come out.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/0BDF46B3-FE89-4ACF-AA36-9AD9DEB7C9E0_jpeg-756658.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/9664B315-7C73-4F7E-BB37-C2074E0717A2_jpeg-756661.JPG

View Quote
The washer is only used on the TLR-1 and TLR-7/8 holsters, so you won't find one on the X-300 model.

If you're having fitment issues, contact customer service at [email protected] and we will get you taken care of.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Just to update the thread for those who were asking when new models would come available, we now have Peruns for the following:

- Ruger LC9, LC9S, EC9, and EC9S

- Sig P320C and X-Carry (with and without thumb-safety)

- Glock 19M + Surefire XC-1 A&B

The new QMS Adaptor (0-degree cant) is also now available for the Perun and Perun LC.

If you keep this page bookmarked, you'll always see when we add new models:  https://rcsgear.com/perun-strongside-owb/

On top of all this, there are SIX more models expected to drop in January and February 2019.

There is more info about these as well as additional new products on Soldier Systems Daily:  http://soldiersystems.net/2018/11/22/raven-concealment-systems-launches-new-products/

If anyone has additional questions, I am happy to answer them here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Perun for TLR7 by chance, please?

Good thread overall, but I think some customers - past or current - here could be more polite -- as the alternative is a business owner not engaging in this manner.  Running a business to satisfy "everyone" in the Internet/Social Media Age isn't exactly easy nor a science.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top