Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 2:24:24 AM EDT
I have this old ass sling bag that I use when I go to the pistol range. It's just a rectangle bag. I can fit a couple handguns , couple boxes of ammo, magazines, eyes and ears.

Anyone has an experience with this type of bag?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Prefer a backpack myself - one with pickets for organizing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a similar one.  Rarely gets used since I carry  a fair bit of stuff.

I nearly always load up a dillon bag and ammo goes in a seperate bag.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a similar one.  Rarely gets used since I carry  a fair bit of stuff.

I nearly always load up a dillon bag and ammo goes in a seperate bag.
View Quote
I have a Midway competition bag.  It's the smaller size, but still damn large for a single gun or 2 range fun.  I've actually used it quite a few times as a small luggage, lol.

This is what I'm thinking.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapuputshho.html
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in the market for a range bag recently. I was going to just order something online, but I decided to go by the tool section at Home Depot to see if they had a tool bag that might work. I picked out a bag with a shoulder strap for ~$20 and got a "document bag" for ~$3 that I put the magazines in (keeps them in one place).

Just thought I'd throw that option out there in case the thrifty route might appeal to you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a sling bag for work to carry laptop & tools, I prefer it to a 2 strap backpack and use an old sling bag for occasional range use. I have a three gun Hyskor unit and some Bore Store covers for long barrel & AR pistols.

The GPS backpacks are well designed but don't accommodate everything I have, for me it's easier to just use an open bag and set it up how I need it. A laptop bag will probably have a padded main case for something large like an 8" large frame revolver or a folded Sub2k.

Unfortunately I don't see many laptop sling bags anymore, most bags big enough are backpacks or messenger bags.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Sling bags are terrible at holding weight.

Get a backpack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top