Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 4:03:05 PM EDT
Im looking to put a red dot on my glock. Ive narrowed it down to these two brands, Vortex, either the Viper or the Venom or a trijicon. I know the vortex is cheaper. Is Trijicon worth the added cost? Help me out here fellas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Only one I have personal experience with is the Venom. I have one on my glock 40 MOS and am very happy with it for my intended purposes which are range toy and hunting. I've never tried the auto mode nor have any experience with it for daily carry. I'm considering getting my cz p07 milled for a red dot.  Are you wanting it for general shooting or carry?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
For what it's worth, I have an RM01 and I am pretty dissatisfied with the fisheye, roughly 1.1x mag, and heavy blue tint. If I was you, I would take a serious look at a deltappint pro. The rmr is a built like brick sh*t-house though and in the end, will let you down statistically less then probably anything other then a doctor III as far as micro reflex sights IMO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only one I have personal experience with is the Venom. I have one on my glock 40 MOS and am very happy with it for my intended purposes which are range toy and hunting. I've never tried the auto mode nor have any experience with it for daily carry. I'm considering getting my cz p07 milled for a red dot.  Are you wanting it for general shooting or carry?
View Quote
Not carrying this gun, it will strictly be a range gun..
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not carrying this gun, it will strictly be a range gun..
View Quote
If it's range gun go with the Vortex Venom.

My EDC G19 has an Trijicon RM07 on it and I love it, but it really is putting a glock on top of your glock, and probably way over built for a range toy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I found a deal on a trijicon on the EE.. After looking at the vortex I decided I like the fact the I could swap out different RMR's and not have to worry about different slide cuts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are not going to carry jt, the vortex venom is a great option.

I have 3 Glocks with red dots. Rm06, Rm08g, and vortex venom.

Vortex has much less tint and the ability to change batteries without removing it. It has never failed me but doesn't seem as tough as the rmr. Battery life on it if you leave it on is only a couple months, but easy to change.

RM08G:. My favorite for range use. No batteries and love the triangle. Downside is not bright enough if aiming from somewhere dark to somewhere bright.  Noticeable blue tint, but doesn't interfere.

RM06:. This is on my carry. Great sight that's tough as nails. Auto adjust works great and can manually set brightness if you prefer. Has noticeable blue tint but doesn't interfere. Typically recommended to change battery 1x a year if you leave it on. Must remove optic to replace battery.

Just saw you chose the trijicon. You won't regret it. Great sight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
For range use, DPP wins over the RMR with its clearer and bigger window. I don't have any experience with the Vortex minis but the window looks to be DPP sized, but with a significant tint.

oops, didn't realize this was an old ass thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top