Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 9:04:34 PM EDT
I'm dying trying to find a AIWB holster for my G19 w/ TLR-1 that will actually conceal worth a crap.   I have an Eidolon, but want to be able to carry w/ a light all the time.

Ive been through a KEroman V2, the retention was terrible, the claw was marginal, the wedge was pointless, but the design and clips were great.

Just got my DOS-L today, and will be shipping it back tomorrow.  Clips are terrible, no wedge (yea, i can glue one on), no calw so the grip stick out like a tumor.  General desgin is basically identical to the Keroman V2.  

I don't want to deal with the wait time or price of T-Rex arms, specifically after seeing some quality control complaints here lately.   But I'm starting to feel the Raptor is about the only option out there for a G19 w/ TLR-1.

Anything y'all are using that I'm missing?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps you need a better belt. In any case, I like Alex and Ryan Design.

https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/product-category/iwb-holsters/
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one that looks just like this for the 17.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/MightyRiverHoldings?ref=listing-shop2-all-items-count#items

I don't know if it the same company as mine either came from eBay or etsy. But the clip is the same and I really like it. Mine is for 3-4 o'clock and not aiwb.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Belt isn't the issue -- Using an SOE EDC belt.  

That alex and ryan holster looks interesting, may have to give that one a shot next.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I didnt care for it but look at the Xfer
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, my experience was absolutely opposite of yours with the Keroman. It's the only light bearing IWB holster I have that has a positive click when holstering, granted I have the Surefire version.

What kind of belt are you using? When using an aiwb holster with a claw, the stiffer belts actually hinder concealment. A little softer belt gets you a bigger tuck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Comp-Tac has a CTAC that I'm using with a G23/TLR1. 

**Edit - didn't see you're after appendix carry - I can't imagine a way that a TLR1 would be comfortable there in any way, and maybe not even a TLR3. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I talked with their customer service rep.  Said the retention on the TLR holsters is all tension with no click into place due to shape of the light.  I was disapointed it didnt work out.

Tried several belts...doesn't matter. Nothing I've found will tuck the grip in the way the eidolon does.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you considered making one yourself? I spent $50 at knife kits and got enough supplies to make a sidecar style holster for my shield and M&P 9c with tlr-3, a raptor style holster for my M&P9 FS with tlr-1, and an OWB holster for my M&P CORE. I still have enough material to make 2 more holsters too. I ordered 4 sheets of kydex, hardware and one set of clips. I did have a few sets of other clips laying around. The raptor style holster I made turned out to be one the best ones I've made and my setup is literally a couple camp pads, two pieces of 3/4" plywood that I stand on once the kydex comes out of the oven, a dremel and cordless drill. It's easier than it looks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I've probably made between 50-75 holsters for myself and others.  I've made several of my own Rangarok, style, Raven-style OWB holsters, mag carriers, etc.  I've done several IWB, and they just don't compare to the quality of vacuum molded stuff in my opinion.  specifically in terms of trying to incorporate a claw component.  Just my opinion.  

I'd love to see pics of your DIY-raptor.  I've done a side car style, and it worked fine, just don't like that much sitting up front and learned after doing a few competitions with that holster that I like support-side mag placement better than up front.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top