Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2017 11:07:34 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a holster made for the new 2017 Colt Cobra 38 SPL revolver? I have a DeSantis model 001TA22Z0 that is supposed to fit the Ruger SP 101 and the Colt Detective Special. The Ruger SP 101 is a perfect fit but the 2017 Colt Cobra is not. I believe the problem is with the Cobra trigger guard as it causes the gun to skew to forward resulting in it hanging up on the draw.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The Cobra and the SP 101 are not the same size, not sure why DeSantis would label a holster that way.

The Colt is a bit of an odd size.  Bigger than a J frame, smaller than a K frame.  Colts in general require a holster fitted for Colts.  At least with Smiths nothing really interchanges between Smith and Colt.  As you discovered nothing really interchanges with Ruger either at least in the small sizes.  GP 100 and Python are very close in size but the Cobra/Dec Special has always been its own thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll have to try it to know for sure.  I have a pretty fair assortment of old holsters, mostly Bianchi. I have one that's marked "Colt 357" that I can only assume was intended for a 2 1/2 inch Python, as it fits a 3" L frame and a 2 3/4" Speed Six.  I have another one marked "Colt 38" that fits my 4 inch Model 69.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top