Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 1:10:26 AM EDT
Any pro / con on the deltapoint pro rear iron sight?

I'm thinking about getting a slide milled and completely remove the dovetail.  From my other RMR handguns, I do rely on the irons to locate the dot.  I'm getting better at it.  

I like the DP Pro, just haven't shot it, much less with the rear irons sights.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a DP Pro on a Glock 17. I use the rear sight that attaches to it.

I like it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What front sight would you recommend specifically for the rear iron DP Pro sight?   Or, what are you using.  

I'm thinking about a fiber optic sight for this application.

Edit.  Opinions on the fiber optic color?   I was thinking green to differentiate it from the red dot.   However it'll be easy to change out of needed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the  Dawson - Plain black at 0.485" height.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife's CZ Compact has a FO red insert with the DP Pro (using the DP Pro rear sight) and she says the two red dots confuse her.  It was recommended to me awhile back to change out the red FO rod for a green one but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Therefore, I can't tell you that having two colors works okay for her.

Changing color is easy enough to do, just have to find my little envelope of FO rods.

And yes, the DP Pro rear sight was easy to install, easy to adjust/sight in.  Works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top