Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2017 6:26:59 PM EDT
My HD front sight paint totally came off today at the range (orange photo luminescent paint, that surrounds the tritium). I was shooting my Smith and Wesson M&P 9 and right when I got done shooting I noticed the paint was gone.

I'm going to call Trijicon tomorrow, how is their customer service?

Will post pics of requested.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My HD front sight paint totally came off today at the range (orange photo luminescent paint, that surrounds the tritium). I was shooting my Smith and Wesson M&P 9 and right when I got done shooting I noticed the paint was gone.

I'm going to call Trijicon tomorrow, how is their customer service?

Will post pics of requested.
View Quote

Their service is top-notch.  You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That's strange.   I have them on my 220 & 228.  Can't say that I've abused them but have gone through thousands of rounds collectively.   I will eventually put them on my 226.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's strange.   I have them on my 220 & 228.  Can't say that I've abused them but have gone through thousands of rounds collectively.   I will eventually put them on my 226.
View Quote
I called them today they were very polite and I'm shipping them my slide so they can replace them, shipping want cheap at all. They recommend insuring the package which I did for 44$. This repair is costing me 44$ in shipping at least on the bright side they will pay for the return shipping. The m&p 9 only has 500 rounds through it the sights are brand new basically.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
44$ is shipping.  Why not ship priority mail?  It's just the slide right?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya it's just the slide, but I put the slide in a box not a padded envelope. On top of all of that fedex was my only option that was given to me. This is not me bashing trijicon they have been good so far it's just the shipping sucks and the estimated repair date is 4 weeks out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya it's just the slide, but I put the slide in a box not a padded envelope. On top of all of that fedex was my only option that was given to me. This is not me bashing trijicon they have been good so far it's just the shipping sucks and the estimated repair date is 4 weeks out.
View Quote
Who said FedEx was your only shipping option?
A slide is not a firearm and could ship in a USPS Priority Mail box with insurance for under $10 easily.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A slide is not a firearm and could ship in a USPS Priority Mail box with insurance for under $10 easily.
View Quote
I was dumb and went through a third party mailer that is next to my house, next time I'll just go to the post office in town.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was dumb and went through a third party mailer that is next to my house, next time I'll just go to the post office in town.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to be a dick, but don't throw that $34 stupid tax on Trijicon. You chose to mail it from there, like was said, a slide would go in a usps box for under $10. I shipped my slide off to Glock for factory night sights, it was around that price. Maybe a slight bit more, I insured it for the full value of the gun because I like my BATF serial #
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not to be a dick, but don't throw that $34 stupid tax on Trijicon. You chose to mail it from there, like was said, a slide would go in a usps box for under $10. I shipped my slide off to Glock for factory night sights, it was around that price. Maybe a slight bit more, I insured it for the full value of the gun because I like my BATF serial #
View Quote
I never threw that "stupid tax" on Trijicon. I called myself dumb not Trijicon, and what I did throw on Trijicon was defective iron sights that should last longer than 500 rds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Rare.

I carried them on duty for a long long time in a safariland ALS holster, which if you're aware isn't exactly friendly to front sights.

A large portion of my co-workers do too, and I've never seen this type of issue.

Rare incidents happen, and unfortunately, they have to happen to someone.  As it happens, in this case, you're that someone.  It happens, I've been there too.  They'll make it right, and they are still very good sights.  Don't let this sour you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rare.

I carried them on duty for a long long time in a safariland ALS holster, which if you're aware isn't exactly friendly to front sights.

A large portion of my co-workers do too, and I've never seen this type of issue.

Rare incidents happen, and unfortunately, they have to happen to someone.  As it happens, in this case, you're that someone.  It happens, I've been there too.  They'll make it right, and they are still very good sights.  Don't let this sour you.
View Quote
I have faith in Trijicon and for the longest time I had tough and brights on my XD-9 until I switched last month to XS big dots. I have heard plenty of good things about these sights I'm sure I'm the 1 in 1,000,000 to have a problem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Exact same thing happened to me.  They requested the slide, I laughed and told them no, I would send ONLY their product back to them and they could send me a new front, I installed it in the first place with a pusher.  They agreed and if I remember correctly it was a few week turn around and only cost me a few bucks for a big enough USPS box to not have lost.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a rear trijicon lamp go out on my G21 when I dropped it while cleaning.  I shipped my slide back and told them what happened.  They replaced front and rear sights for free and it only took 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quick update I have gotten my slide back turn around was 3 1/2 weeks, took the gun out to the range today with the new sights ran 150 rds through it with no problems at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top