Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2017 1:05:35 AM EDT
Wow, what an awesome day!  Used my 15 Gl 9 mags today for the second time.  12 or 13 of them ( I lost count) had the followers completely stuck, where I could/had to shake the rounds out. Only when empty, and when I slammed them on the bench, would they break free.  Then wash rinse repeat.  I'm a Magpul fan, and will still be, but this sucks.   I've read about people here having problems with them.  "Clean with CLP" is the remedy I've seen MP reccomend.  Already done.  I know they'll make good on this, but I've completely lost faith on this gig.

Luckily I had 2 Glock mags with me today.  I just got to load them every time.  Made me feel sorry for the guys who don't own mags by the dozen.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I probably have 10 of them...and honestly never had an issue with any of them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure some batches are different than others.   The problems are pretty well documented.  Search YouTube and such.   I'm just disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow, what an awesome day!  Used my 15 Gl 9 mags today for the second time.  12 or 13 of them ( I lost count) had the followers completely stuck, where I could/had to shake the rounds out. Only when empty, and when I slammed them on the bench, would they break free.  Then wash rinse repeat.  I'm a Magpul fan, and will still be, but this sucks.   I've read about people here having problems with them.  "Clean with CLP" is the remedy I've seen MP reccomend.  Already done.  I know they'll make good on this, but I've completely lost faith on this gig.

Luckily I had 2 Glock mags with me today.  I just got to load them every time.  Made me feel sorry for the guys who don't own mags by the dozen.
View Quote

How many rounds do you think you have through the average bad mag?

This is a problem that I've not experienced but I don't think I have all that many rounds through any of my Magpul Glock mags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran 6 of them in a USPSA match where the ground consisted of sand. Dropped all of them at some point and I never took them apart throughout the entire 14 stage match. They never missed a beat nor were they cleaned/lubed with CLP prior.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used the Magpul mags for my 19 and 17. Never had an issue, nor have I heard of this.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How many rounds do you think you have through the average bad mag?

This is a problem that I've not experienced but I don't think I have all that many rounds through any of my Magpul Glock mags.
View Quote
I had about a thousand round before they started this.  

Just for the record guys.  Magpul said to clean with CLP.  This wasn't my idea.  

Magpul is replacing them, so I will remain hopeful.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Had the same issues with there 21 round magazines. Had 3 new ones out the package continuously have the same malfunctions as OP. Sending them all back to magpul.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple of the 21s.  

They run ok on brass cased FMJ but choke consistently on HSTs.  Junk.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought 4 of them to try out.  Wound up giving them away to folks I shoot competition with.  I had the same problem.  Ammo locking up in the magazine or feeding through the magazine like they were moving though syrup causing FTFs during competition.  They would lock up solid on steel cased ammo (not acceptable to me) and brass cased would feed very slowly though the magazine, this would normally happen on days of high humidity.

I had the same issue with ETS magazines, even after having the magazines replaced by ETS.  Not sure what the issue is and don't care at this point I've simply went back to GLOCK magazines.

Never had any issues with their AR magazines in that regard.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Luckily I had 2 Glock mags with me today. 
View Quote
clue  
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
People on the internet tell me that they are just as good as OEM Glock mags and cheaper to boot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 21 rounder, 3 17's and 1 12 rounder.
No issue at all. I even carry the 12 in my 26 for ccw.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a half dozen or so.

I'm not too impressed.  Fail to lock back, FTF, dont drop free easily.

Never ever had any issues with OEM.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Glad I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Stuff like this is why I'll gladly use them on the range but stick to OEM mags for carry/duty use.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I have 12 of them and never had any issues.  They are my primary range mags so I have only used them with FMJ (mostly Wolf WPA steel cased) so I can't speak for reliability with JHP.

Magpul stands by their product, I would shoot them a email and they will likely take care of any issues you are having.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Spring Tension on mine are shit, but they still work.

They just don't lock back. I use them for range use only.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have 10 magpul glock 19 mags.  While I have had zero issues with them I keep them for range use only.  Can't beat a stock glock mag.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep, range use or back-up (after 3 Glock mags would be used up, by which time I'd be screwed anyway.)  I carry with the Glock mags.  No issues with the Magpuls, though. Hell, I haven't had any issues with the Korean mags, either, including 33 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#22]
My GL9 mags haven't been reliable, either.

Have continued to use them as range mags, and typically experience at least two or three malfs per session.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yep, range use or back-up (after 3 Glock mags would be used up, by which time I'd be screwed anyway.)  I carry with the Glock mags.  No issues with the Magpuls, though. Hell, I haven't had any issues with the Korean mags, either, including 33 rounders.
View Quote
I've never had any trouble with my Korean mags, even with a Korean +2 extension.  Unlike ETS, which never seem to want to work reliably.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never had any trouble with my Korean mags, even with a Korean +2 extension.  Unlike ETS, which never seem to want to work reliably.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't have any issues with the Korean's until the baseplates started to jettison along with all my ammo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Funny, my 4 ETS stick mags work great. Only $12 each.

My Magpul works ok with brass ammo most of the time but definitely range only.  Makes me realize half my Glock mag pile isnt viable for real use so I need to grab some more OEM.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Just shot the MI USPSA Sectional running using the same Magpul mags as mentioned before. No Failures at all. The stage grounds are very sandy, some areas reminded me of beach volley ball pits.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:21:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Between these and the ETS mags, I'm not sure which suck more.  

Good thing OEM mags are cheap.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a half dozen or so.

I'm not too impressed.  Fail to lock back, FTF, dont drop free easily.

Never ever had any issues with OEM.
View Quote
This is my experience too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Ditto..shoot alot and never a hitch
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I bought ETS over Magpul since they are translucent, barely any witness holes on the Magpuls. My friend has 2 that seem to work great for him. I tried his mags in my G19 and had one FTF, otherwise they seem to work. Haven't tried them with steel though.

My ETS mags would also have a stuck follower if I used steel case ammo, even after getting replacements from them. However, I noticed its mainly the garbage polymer coating that causes the follower to stick. I've been using lacquered Brown Bear which is not only smooth to the touch it feeds much better as well, haven't had anymore stuck followers. A big FU to those that caused Tula and Wolf to import nothing but poly cased crap to the United States!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#31]
No issues with mine at all! Used them in a gunsite 250 class without problems running them hard for five days straight. Dropped in wet sand etc no  Problems. Never have even disassembled them or cleaned in any way
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bought ETS over Magpul since they are translucent, barely any witness holes on the Magpuls. My friend has 2 that seem to work great for him. I tried his mags in my G19 and had one FTF, otherwise they seem to work. Haven't tried them with steel though.

My ETS mags would also have a stuck follower if I used steel case ammo, even after getting replacements from them. However, I noticed its mainly the garbage polymer coating that causes the follower to stick. I've been using lacquered Brown Bear which is not only smooth to the touch it feeds much better as well, haven't had anymore stuck followers. A big FU to those that caused Tula and Wolf to import nothing but poly cased crap to the United States!
View Quote
I agree!   The Brown Bear feeds a lot smoother.  Seems to be hit/miss on these mags.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#33]
My Magpul mags have been 100% reliable and I've had issues with my ETS mags.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Opposite for me, though only have 3 of each, have had issues locking back and occasional feed issues with the magpul's the ETS have been fine so far, though the G42 12rd ETS's I have last round feed issues.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Have you checked the followers for sprue? Inside the mag bodies?
I've never had an issue with mine and the only worry I'd have is that plastic is hydroscopic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Was using the range's Glock 19 Magpul in a rented Glock 26 last week.  Halfway through the mag, the slide closed w/ the new round standing straight up in the ejection port.  I've seen stovepipe jams before, but never w/ a loaded round.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like Mr. Gunsngear has a Magpul GL9 thats causing his new Gen 5 G17 to lock back with rounds still in the mag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Was using the range's Glock 19 Magpul in a rented Glock 26 last week.  Halfway through the mag, the slide closed w/ the new round standing straight up in the ejection port.  I've seen stovepipe jams before, but never w/ a loaded round.
View Quote
I've seen it many time with 1911s that have weak mag springs and/or excessive slide velocity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I get failure to lock and stuck followers with the magpuls too, no lrbho on my AR with them too
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:  I get failure to lock and stuck followers with the magpuls too, no lrbho on my AR with them too
View Quote
Gen 2 Magpuls don't activate the LRBHO on GWACS Cav Arms Mk 2s.  Gen 3s do.  Have you tried w/ Gen 3s?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I have heard enough bad stories to turn me 100% off. Saw first hand an Instructor have some issues with magpul.  I hate to be the guy to say this....BUT Glock factory parts are so consistently 100% reliable it actually IS boring.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#42]
There really isn’t much price difference between the 2.  Just buy Glock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Nothing but OEM mags for me.  Cheap, plentiful, and they work
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
This has been my experience too.  Only aftermarket I've had issues with are ETS.  I wish the ETS Glock mags would run as good as their AR mags.  I tossed my ETS mags after they replaced them the second time.  Not worth fooling with.

My Magpuls have been fine.  I really like the 12 rounders in my G26.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I've got a dozen or more Magpul Glock mags in different sizes and I shoot them all the time without issue.

I've got several hundred rounds through my 21 rounders in a G19, G34 and G17M
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm thinking about picking up a set of 15 and 17 rounders to use as training mags to drop on cement.  

I hate to beat up my nice Sunday mags like that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I got two of them for free recently and tried them out.  They work, but they do not inspire confidence.  I put them in the bottom of my magazine bag and they'll stay there.

The way I would put it...I wouldn't spend my money on one of them.  That's just my two cents though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Sent my 21 round 9mm mags back as posted earlier. After a few (8) emails with the customer service department asking me to scrub the inside of the magazine and use this and that type of ammo they finally issued me a RA #. The CS department asked me to put a detailed description of my issues and what I would like done. I did this and told them I have tried to like there 9mm mags . This was my second attempt to be a consumer of them. My experiences with there 9mm magazines have all suffered With very disappointing results. Weak springs. I asked magpul to send me Pmags for the AR in exchange or anything but their 9mm mags. Magpul sent me 3 more of there shit 21 round 9mm mags. Yes they honored there Warranty and have me three more new mags. Why bother asking me what I want done? I guess making a shit ton of mags and getting 60% of them to be functionable is profitable. I still have some G17 mags that suffer from shit spring syndrome in my junk parts box in my garage. What a disappointment from magpul .. just my experience
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you leave them loaded for a period of time that might have caused the rounds to stick or something?
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#50]
No, and that makes no damn sense.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top