Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:16:03 AM EDT
Olight Valkyrie PL-2

Does anyone have any experience with this light yet? I ordered one on a whim over the weekend, and have had zero luck finding a holster that will accommodate it. Some reviews said it will work with holsters made for TLR-1/2. May just through it on the AR if I cant find a holster. Also, what is the general opinion on 1200 lumens too much for a pistol light?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
too much indoors
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
200 or so is plenty indoors unless you have an Olympic-sized swimming pool in the west wing of your compound.

If you have something really bright, next time you get up in the middle of the night to take a leak, light your way with your retina buster.  Then reconsider your needs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
200 or so is plenty indoors unless you have an Olympic-sized swimming pool in the west wing of your compound.

If you have something really bright, next time you get up in the middle of the night to take a leak, light your way with your retina buster.  Then reconsider your needs.
View Quote

This!

If you're hunting hogs, more light is better. But, for indoor use, potentially when you just woke up, you can quickly overwhelm your own vision. That's especially true if you have reflective/white paint on your walls.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! My pistols wouldn't be my first choice for home defense, have a mossberg 500 I would use 99% of the time, and I am not LEO so I don't plan on clearing too many homes/buildings otherwise. Sounds like it will be ok for general outdoor use. Should receive it today. Also ordered a KT Mech Counter Strike holster. Sounds like any light or gun combo should work with it. Will post pictures when I get it all together
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no such thing as too much light. What matters is how you use that light. Anyone who disagrees doesn't understand how LED flashlights work.

Lumen count is a measurement of the total light output, not necessarily how focused a beam will be.

You have to factor in Lux and Candela to decide if the light is right for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top