Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 8:19:57 PM EDT
I can't seem to figure it out. Has anyone dealt with this before?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Loosen the tension screw then use a wooden dowel to tap it back in.  A little epoxy may help.  You can also just leave it out.  If you ever get brass/debris in there, it can be a pain to clear out and it will obstruct the reholster.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip. I might give it a try later. Is there any downside to leaving it out? The light doesn't stick out the end, but I imagine they put it on there for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't bother. I took it out of my duty rig so my U-Boat would fit.  I haven't damaged the lens.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I was able to get it in. Thank you for the advice! And yeah, the U boat does't come out the end of the holster but I'm still paranoid of something getting in there and messing it up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got 3 or 4 Safariland holsters and I always pop that cap out. I imagine it's there to protect the lens, but I somehow occasionally wind up shooting in the rain and like not having a rain collector in my holster.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The cup has a drain hole in it... never been a problem for me in the rain and I have to work in all sorts of weather...
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the tip. I might give it a try later. Is there any downside to leaving it out? The light doesn't stick out the end, but I imagine they put it on there for a reason.
View Quote
Probably so if the light comes on in the holster it doesn't give you away. But then you wouldn't know the light was on and draining the batteries till you had to draw or felt the heat from it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The cup has a drain hole in it... never been a problem for me in the rain and I have to work in all sorts of weather...
View Quote
Not really a problem for me either. Personal preference more than anything I reckon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Loosen the tension screw then use a wooden dowel to tap it back in.  A little epoxy may help.  You can also just leave it out.  If you ever get brass/debris in there, it can be a pain to clear out and it will obstruct the reholster.
View Quote
Happened to me. Someone's brass ended up in my holster and I was unable to reholster and activate the retention hood. Absolutely impossible to get out without taking your belt off, unless you can stand on your head...
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I had mine pop out twice, so I said fuck it. In and out of a Cruiser for 4 years, fights with Shit heads, and going through dense woods or cluttered homes. My X300U is fine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Happened to me. Someone's brass ended up in my holster and I was unable to reholster and activate the retention hood. Absolutely impossible to get out without taking your belt off, unless you can stand on your head...
View Quote
Standard cheap bic ink pen and a buddy to use can usually fish it out but if you don't use to many belt keepers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top