Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 9:27:07 AM EDT
I have a couple stainless 1911 magazines that came with a 70 series nickel Colt I obtained a couple months ago.  I have tried googling, and haven't found any real information on them other that poor quality in their other magazines.  I really want to sell them but want to ask a reasonable price and don't want to sell them if they are garbage.  What is the consensus on the quality of these in the 1911 (hard to mess up a 1911 magazine but I am sure there is bound to be somebody that can make anything poorly) and what would these be worth?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried them yet so see if they work in your 1911? Previous owner could have had them since they were the magazine that seemed to work best for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried them yet so see if they work in your 1911? Previous owner could have had them since they were the magazine that seemed to work best for whatever reason.
View Quote
They probably would work, but I have no interest in non-factory magazines for any gun.  All of my detachable magazine rifles and pistols have factory magazines, and I am a "markings" OCD collector/shooter/accumulator.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Bet they'd run in my HiPoints.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
While USA brand is well known for being best reserved for malfunction drills and over all horrible quality I would see if they run as beater mags first.
Keep in mind unless you go back like 40 years all Colt "brand" magazines are actually aftermarket anyway, as Colt subcontracted to companies like check mate and metalform for magazines.
Most everyone in the 1911 community has a favorite magazine that works best for them ( Wilson tripp chip McCormick etc) so getting hung up on only factory mags for a 1911 is unwise
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While USA brand is well known for being best reserved for malfunction drills and over all horrible quality I would see if they run as beater mags first.
Keep in mind unless you go back like 40 years all Colt "brand" magazines are actually aftermarket anyway, as Colt subcontracted to companies like check mate and metalform for magazines.
Most everyone in the 1911 community has a favorite magazine that works best for them ( Wilson tripp chip McCormick etc) so getting hung up on only factory mags for a 1911 is unwise
View Quote
This.  Though, Mec-Gar is factory for some, but they are all I use in my 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top