Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 8:37:21 PM EDT
Being a fan of their IWB holsters, and looking for a multi-use system, this one really caught my eye. It looks like it's live on their website for ordering at this point.

Anyone get one yet? If so, thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So....that would be a negative then.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Its only in preorder status right now...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I pre-ordered. Look like a decent system if it works as advertised.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Like has been said it's preorder right now, will ship this month sometime(in their defense they may have said when this month and I probably forgot when). I have one on preorder so I can't wait to check it out. They did a Facebook live video a week or 2 ago showing all of the inner workings of the system and answering questions, they also showed some if the future accessories for the Shape-shifter system.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Got mine yesterday. Haven't had time to really mess with it yet It is a huge box full of pieces I might not
be smart enough to figure it out..... 
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
any updates from those that have received the holsters yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered one of these. Anyone have a hands on review?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had mine for a few months now and love it. It took me a few minutes to figure out how the pieces went together, I don't read instructions so that was the biggest factor, but once I figured it out it was simple to swap between the layouts. Once they start to offer holsters for more pistols I will order some more shells for some of my other guns.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had mine for a few months now and love it. It took me a few minutes to figure out how the pieces went together, I don't read instructions so that was the biggest factor, but once I figured it out it was simple to swap between the layouts. Once they start to offer holsters for more pistols I will order some more shells for some of my other guns.
View Quote
Are the different carry methods/configurations this system offers all equally comfortable and user friendly base on your experiences so far?

Or are there some carry methods e.g. appendix, IWB, OWB, OWB w/paddle better than other carrying styles?

(If you don’t mind sharing - what pistol shell do you currently use for it?)

Thanks for your feedback
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got mine yesterday. Haven't had time to really mess with it yet It is a huge box full of pieces I might not
be smart enough to figure it out..... 
View Quote
Hopefully you don't have the same experience i had with my blackhawk omnivore holster. With my omnivor holster it was missing a picece making the holster completely useless for me. Very bad quality control on blackhawk side which made it worst when amazon refused to send the missing thumbs adjustable pad kit. So i send the entire package back for a refund.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are the different carry methods/configurations this system offers all equally comfortable and user friendly base on your experiences so far?

Or are there some carry methods e.g. appendix, IWB, OWB, OWB w/paddle better than other carrying styles?

Thanks for your feedback
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your feedback
Once I finally read the instructions and learned how the pieces fit together it was a breeze to reconfigure the holster into the different configurations. All of them seem to work well, I mainly use the IWB, I have tried the AIWB but I can't find a way to comfortably wear it, this isn't a knock on the design because I've never been able to comfortably carry AIWB because I'm a bit overweight. I tried the OWB paddle once and it seemed nice but I rarely ever carry OWB so only tried it on around the house.

The shell I have is for a Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm Sub Compact.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I got mine last week. I am very impressed. I got a shell for my shield in 40 and my g27. When I first got it I adjusted the ride height, cant, and retention and put it on. I immediately had the thought that it was more comfortable out of the box than most holsters after being broken in. I've been wearing it for several days now and I must say it has gotten even better. It has formed nicely to me and I really don't even know it is there. I carry predominantly IWB and I'll say that holster alone was worth the money. Everything else in the box is just a bonus. I think they really have revolutionized the holster business with this kit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Once I finally read the instructions and learned how the pieces fit together it was a breeze to reconfigure the holster into the different configurations. All of them seem to work well, I mainly use the IWB, I have tried the AIWB but I can't find a way to comfortably wear it, this isn't a knock on the design because I've never been able to comfortably carry AIWB because I'm a bit overweight. I tried the OWB paddle once and it seemed nice but I rarely ever carry OWB so only tried it on around the house.

View Quote
Thanks so much, sounds like this system is a winner. My order was placed and just waiting for delivery.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 2:50:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks so much, sounds like this system is a winner. My order was placed and just waiting for delivery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something I did learn that I will pass on, when you get the box and open it up, don't get in a rush and try to assemble without instructions. Read them through and then all of the pieces will make sense and you will skip the confusion I had of winging it lol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I want to try it, but the pistol selection for it is really poor right now.  Really though, I'd love for them to make a 'universal' shell for it, like the Safariland one I have with the screw-adjustable piece for varying the slide height.  If that holster had a convertible mounting system that could switch between IWB, OWB, clip to a car mount, etc it would be absolutely perfect and the only holster I'd ever need.  The shapeshift is a step in the right direction for that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#17]
That would defeat the entire purpose. This holster isn't meant to be universal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Something I did learn that I will pass on, when you get the box and open it up, don't get in a rush and try to assemble without instructions. Read them through and then all of the pieces will make sense and you will skip the confusion I had of winging it lol.
View Quote
Very good advice and much appreciated. I also already perused their you tube video on the system to get an idea as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#19]
The IWB configuration is VERY comfortable.  
The paddle configuration is great, but it sticks out from my body.  No good for CCW, great for range.  
I don't like appendix carry, and the appendix configuration did not change my mind.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#20]
While I am waiting for my starter kit to arrive - any users know if the the shape shifter allows it to be carried from on waistline in the back aka cross-draw? Just wondering the options out there other than the four primary methods already mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top