Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2017 12:04:48 PM EDT
Got a holster that had all sorts of gross marks on the inside.  I emailed the company and they said this was normal.  Bullcrap if you ask me.  I've had dozens of kydex holsters ranging from $30 ebay holsters to Incogs and I've never had something this jacked up.  Would you accept this?

What you're seeing inside that looks like melting is the rough surface of the mold (bulked up for appropriate friction fit) impressed on the inside of the Kydex. Many makers do a much smoother, prettier job on their holster interiors. We just don't really care about it that much. I think it's a result of our emphasis on function and training over aesthetics of the holster itself. That's not to say we couldn't do both; we do want to be improving in every area. It's just a matter of priority; the amount of time we would spend ensuring perfectly clean interiors we can put into launching support for new items like the APL compact, and so on.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's fine. Is it affecting functionality at all?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's functionally acceptable then so be it. An INCOG is a more expensive holster and as such the fit/finish should be greater. However, if that was T-Rex arms reply to you in regards to your complaint it seems they are unwilling to make it better for you and I can understand that position on certain terms and on others not so much. You as the customer should not have to be happy with a product that fails to meet a reasonable expectation so that the business can make more product. That should be built into their price, so if they need to earn more to produce more, then they need to raise their prices and then their quality to meet in the middle. As for writing off your concerns based on a focus of training blah blah, that's bull shit.

Anyways, the guy has a cult following of dedicated enthusiasts just like the INCOG that is comprised mainly of Glock fanboys, so expect to be flamed and told to just "deal with it and train harder" because he as an individual shoots good and does other stuff good too, blah blah internet rambos blah blah.

If you don't like it, send it back and ask for your money back and buy something else.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you don't like it, send it back and ask for your money back and buy something else.
View Quote
I would but they have a no return policy unless it's a quick-ship item
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would but they have a no return policy unless it's a quick-ship item
View Quote
Aint that a B. I'd suggest posting up on the EE here, I'm sure it would be gone in hours.

Besides, after looking more closely at your photos, the edges on that thing are terrible as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really.  I wouldn't care if it was a $20-25 holster but I expect a little more for $70.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not really.  I wouldn't care if it was a $20-25 holster but I expect a little more for $70.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went back and zoomed in on the pics, I agree with you now. It is pretty poor quality, also the edges aren't finished well at all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol, what. Was he getting shot at while making it? Awww its about priority.

Just that attitude is enough for me to avoid them.

I had a side car that didn't work for me so I sold it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#8]
He could have cleaned up the mold gun in less time than it took to write that response.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
That, and the dude from T Rex is a douche nozzle
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
We just don't really care about it that much. I think it's a result of our emphasis on function and training over aesthetics of the holster itself. That's not to say we couldn't do both; we do want to be improving in every area. It's just a matter of priority; the amount of time we would spend ensuring perfectly clean interiors we can put into launching support for new items like the APL compact, and so on.
View Quote

That paragraph is why I will never be a customer of theirs. That paragraph is total bullshit. They don't care about the quality of a product they are selling. They could improve the quality of their work and they say they do want to improve but making more products of questionable quality to increase their profits is their real priority. There is nothing wrong with a company out to turn a profit I am not saying that is the problem, the problem comes when a company is willing to trade quality to turn a quick buck. At least he is somewhat honest about his objective.

Sorry OP it looks like you are a sucker for buying into the hype. There are lots of fan boys that will tell you that it is functional so big deal if it looks like ass. I feel like a product can be both functional and quality and I refuse to make an exscuse for a shitty product by saying that it is at least functional. We need to stop making excuses for shitty quality and customer service in this industry. This is why I am very picky about who I spend my money with. Thanks for the heads up OP. Sorry about your holster.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you blind?

Seriously, it looks like something I could cook up in my garage and I have the artistic talent of a brain dead mule. I suck at arts and crafts but I'm pretty sure I can make something that looks as good or better. Maybe I should get into holster making.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you blind?

Seriously, it looks like something I could cook up in my garage and I have the artistic talent of a brain dead mule. I suck at arts and crafts but I'm pretty sure I can make something that looks as good or better. Maybe I should get into holster making.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you blind?

Scroll up about 5 posts, once I zoomed in on the pics I saw how shitty it was
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Scroll up about 5 posts, once I zoomed in on the pics I saw how shitty it was
View Quote
I didn't see your follow up post. My bad.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Yuck.. Seriously, what did they bulk up the mold with? Little pieces of bird poop?

I was debating hard between a Tuctite Annex, T-Rex Sidecar, and Tier 1 Kopis.

Glad I didn't go with T-rex! Annex has my order on queue at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Go ahead and flame me with the "fanboy" comments, but I have several Trex holsters and none of them look like that on the inside. The inside walls aren't perfect, but are much smoother than the one you received. The edges of mine appear more polished as well.

FWIW, all of my holsters are more than 1 yr old, so its possible that their quality has gone downhill since I have purchased from them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 2 sidecars, 2 raptors and a ragnarok and all of mine look great. I hate to see their quality go down hill because I've been extremely pleased with their holsters in the past but I haven't purchased a new one in about a year. I guess they are trying to get too big too fast.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Look alike ass, and it isn't that normal although a few stretch marks can happen here and there.   Looks like the kydex started cooling when it went in to be molded.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol the owners response basically reads, "I'm lazy and don't give a shit.". Oh well another company not worth dealing with. 

Im a nugget and can build a better kydex holster than that. Hell even my 1st attempts at leather look nicer than that!  Saying they choose to focus on expanding their lineup rather than the quality of their worksmanship means they are in the wrong line of work. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lol the owners response basically reads, "I'm lazy and don't give a shit.". Oh well another company not worth dealing with. 

Im a nugget and can build a better kydex holster than that. Hell even my 1st attempts at leather look nicer than that!  Saying they choose to focus on expanding their lineup rather than the quality of their worksmanship means they are in the wrong line of work. 
View Quote
That's how I read it as well. In my opinion anyone who buys from T.rex after seeing this thread deserves a shitty holster because they are an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yuck.. Seriously, what did they bulk up the mold with? Little pieces of bird poop?

I was debating hard between a Tuctite Annex, T-Rex Sidecar, and Tier 1 Kopis.

Glad I didn't go with T-rex! Annex has my order on queue at the moment.
View Quote
You and me both. I had a Raptor holster and it was great, QC wise anyway. Didn't look anything like that. That said, those marks wouldn't bother me personally as long as the gun fit properly.

ETA: Now that I think about it maybe it did. I don't think I ever even looked inside of it. It functioned great I just couldn't hide that full size MP9.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, they'll never get any of my business with an attitude like that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Those marks inside the holster are from wrinkled masking tape and those edges does not look well polished. For $70 I would not be happy with that holster.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#24]
This is really sad to see.  Almost two years ago, I bought one of their holsters for my USP.  When I got it, the finish was fine but it simply didn't work.  It was either so loose that the gun would fall out of it or so tight that you couldn't draw the gun without the clip coming off your belt.  I contacted them and they admitted that this was their first try at a USP.  He said that they would try again but by then I had purchased something else so they made me a replacement for my G30s at no charge.  It not only functions perfectly, it looks like a $70 holster should.  I was very pleased at what was excellent customer service at that time.

Hopefully, this is not a trend.  They really do have a good product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top