Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 12:57:55 AM EDT
I've always wished I could have a dropped/offset Safariland ALS holster with a Blade Tech tek-lok. Today I noticed that I had a spare tek-lok and a Safariland mid ride UBL from an old duty holster. I also had a brand new Safariland 7TS "concealment" ALS holster (The one that comes with the paddle and the close in belt attachment) that my wife got me as a gift a while back. Seeing all three in the same space got my wheels to turning. Before I knew it, I had drilled holes and attached the tek-lok to the UBL. It worked like a champ, and gave lots of extra functionality to the holster. So, why bother with a mod like this?
1. The UBL is super strong but is meant for Police duty belts that are 2" to 2 1/2" wide. This mod allows you to use a 1.5" or 1.75" EDC belt. This also allows attaching the holster to a CR Speed type competition belt as well if retention is desired, which is becoming popular in 3-Gun.
2. I can now choose between clipping the holster on with the tek-lok only, or running the belt through both the UBL and the tek-lok for extra stability. The clip on function is nice at the range for switching out a concealment holster with this holster since I wear a belt with a cobra buckle.
3. For owners of the US Grunt Gear war belts, you could do this mod to attach a Safarland holster to that belt without using a G-Code molle adapter. I've never owned one of those buy I've eyeballed them longingly on their website before.
I put the holster on in both configurations with my EDC cobra belt and I was extremely happy with how stable it was during the draw, even with just the tek-lok holding it on. With the new tek-lok's retention tab I don't see it coming off unexpectedly.
Pics or it didn't happen:

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats a good idea. How do you like the ALS holster? I just ordered one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It's my favorite retention holster by far. I think the new 7TS material is also a huge improvement over the older suede-lined design. I also have one of the newer GLS holsters, but I think it's inferior to the ALS and will probably sell it. I may be biased to the ALS just because it was my first duty holster when I was a LEO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You magnificent bastard!!!! And I mean that in the nicest possible way  Great idea to overcome the shifting on a smaller belt.  Thanks for posting this.  Off to the work bench....
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Now just add QLS to all your holsters and bases and you've really got a great modular solution.

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice mod you did. Which size Tek-Loc plate did you use? I was looking at some to do this myself and saw that there a couple of different sizes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top