Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2017 2:15:16 AM EDT
Hey, I just scrolled through all three pages to make sure this isn't a repost.

I'm looking at getting a couple pistol mag pouches. I've decided on the regular G-Code Scorpion or the Softshell. I carry a Glock 19 or a 1911, depending on the season/clothes. The Softshell will hold either of these mags, but fits with less of the available G-Code accessories, like the double pistol mag pouch plate. I don't want to go with the regular Scorpion, because those are designated single or double stack.

My question is, if I were to loosen the shock cord on the Scorpion single stack, could my Glock 19 mag fit in there?

Anyone own one that could try thus out? Ideally I would like to carry the double mag pouches on the adapter plate with a paddle and be able to convert one of the pouches and the paddle to a single mag set up on occasion.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, I just scrolled through all three pages to make sure this isn't a repost.

I'm looking at getting a couple pistol mag pouches. I've decided on the regular G-Code Scorpion or the Softshell. I carry a Glock 19 or a 1911, depending on the season/clothes. The Softshell will hold either of these mags, but fits with less of the available G-Code accessories, like the double pistol mag pouch plate. I don't want to go with the regular Scorpion, because those are designated single or double stack.

My question is, if I were to loosen the shock cord on the Scorpion single stack, could my Glock 19 mag fit in there?

Anyone own one that could try thus out? Ideally I would like to carry the double mag pouches on the adapter plate with a paddle and be able to convert one of the pouches and the paddle to a single mag set up on occasion.

Thanks
View Quote

I don't have one to test this but from my understanding the design is close to the HSGI Taco. I do have those. By pulling the shock cord tight the Taco fits single and double stack mags with the single design. I would assume the same is true with the G-Code system would work similarly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple Tacos, I love them. I was hoping the Scorpion system would work a little better for concealed/belt carry. The Scorpion Softshell is even more similar to the Tacos and is listed as working with single and double stack, just pull the shock cord like you said.

The regular Scorpion (not Softshell Scorpion) is listed in a single or double stack size. They have a little more molded plastic to them. I was wondering if the single stack size could be loosened up enough for a Glock mag to fit. I'm assuming the double stack one can't be tightened down enough for a single stack magazine because of the molded halves.

Just wondering if anyone owns a Scorpion Single Stack and can see if a glock or similar mag can fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top