Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 8:28:10 PM EDT
Got a trex arms light compatible ragnarok in today and just had a question about its retention.

It doesn't seem to "snap"  into place when the gun is fully inserted like other kydex holsters do.

Is this normal for this holster or do I need to adjust the screws to tighten it up more?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is the same, and my understanding from what they told me, is that a light bearing holster won't snap in because usually the snap is from the holster engaging with the trigger guard.  Since the holster has to be bigger in that area to clear the light, you won't have that snap.  I had the same concern as you, as my G-code holster for my G17 snaps and locks up good, but it does not have a light.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
cool thanks, if its supposed to be that way and it holds the holster in correctly then id say trex arms makes one hell of a holster.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one with INFORCE and it snaps pretty well.   Have you tightened the screws?   Contacted them?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I had contacted them, and what I posted, is what they told me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I clicked on reply after reading just your first comment. Apologies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
They are correct in that their holsters are made to use friction for retention on the x300 models. Some companies have holsters that will actually have that "snap" that you want, but they hold the retention on the light body rather than the trigger guard because the light is wider.

I have a ragnarok that I use for range days, and it is the only OWB holster that I have. I used it in a 2day carbine course last year and my handgun actually came out of the holster when we were doing some groundwork drills. After that, mine is strictly range wear only.

It is a very fast holster, and fits me will with the safariland drop attached, but the retention is just not enough for me to be doing much more than "running and gunning" with it. I will likely go with a Safariland holster with retention for when I take courses that require time spend on the ground.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Mines actually a little too tight, even with the screws completely loose. I'm hoping it will break in with more use, but as of right now it's a workout just to unholster it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a G17 riding in a ragnarok, and it doesn't have that snap since it's a light bearing model.  Holster can only be as slim as the fattest part - the light.  I'd actually say that for any of my light bearing setups, from T-rex to Bravo to Raven.  For my non-light bearing holsters, they usually have the trigger guard area close in a little to get that snap effect you're looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top